Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A surprisingly smart tactic

Post Thanks / Like

Default A surprisingly smart tactic

Maybe some of you do this, but I wasn't smart enough to think about it.

This guy has the technique laid out in steps. I can't see how this won't work.

No need to watch the video or signup for anything.

I was very surprised. Anyone doing something smilar?

FREE Crappie Fishing Trick #1: The Secret Crappie Spy Tactic For "Auto Targeting" Fish!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down No, Jayson ....

Quote Originally Posted by jaysonelmhurst View Post
    Maybe some of you do this, but I wasn't smart enough to think about it.
    This guy has the technique laid out in steps. I can't see how this won't work.
    No need to watch the video or signup for anything.
    I was very surprised. Anyone doing something smilar?
    FREE Crappie Fishing Trick #1: The Secret Crappie Spy Tactic For "Auto Targeting" Fish!
    ... I don't think many Crappie.com members use this method. We've discussed it before .... using balloons, floats, jugs, etc. General concensus was that it was "unsportsmanlike", and in many states probably even illegal.
    In fact, one member did try it (several times, if memory serves me) ... and it failed miserably. The fish did not re-join the school, but rather headed into the nearest cover and tangled the line.

And, this "Dan" person also mentions using WD-40 as a fish attractant ... which has also been discussed (several times). General concensus on that is ... since WD-40 is a solvent, and a petroleum based product, it's polluting our waters if used in this way. Even the parent company of WD-40 does not recommend using it for this purpose.

This fellow "Dan" has websites (Spamfomercials) all over the place ... hawking his $197 Old School Crappie Fishing Family Secrets. This $197 "DEAL" is supposed to be for a limited time ... but, check back in a year and it's still on (he's just moved the date time limit forward). I know, because we've already discussed his supposed "deal/secrets", back some time ago :D
    The general concensus on this "deal" ... probably nothing you won't learn right here, for free.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Me thinks crappiepappy said it all, lots better than I could:D
    I would like to Second his statement
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    Me thinks crappiepappy said it all, lots better than I could:D
    I would like to Second his statement
    AMEN!
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Ranger690 is online now Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

How about a solvent resistant balloon filled with WD-40? Eh? Or jug fishing with marker bouys. Looks like you have half-dozen spots marked until they bob and start to swim away. Chasing them is great fun. An 8 pound striper has no troulbe pulling under an empty 20oz water bottle. Then when he pops back up the chase is on again.

Beside, the biggest most well-kept secret is still available online. So super secret, no body will talk. You even have to do it at night. Makes others Green with envy until they too see the light!

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

crappiepappy is right on and I doubt any of these guys selling info/secretes etc. are so full of nothing but wind. They are depending on the old saying "people will buy anything" and lots will.

However I am not buying any of this foolishness!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

This "Dan" guy as you can tell is not on here(crappie.com), giving out advice. So I wonder how much he really cares about showing us how to catch crappie. I would bet he's in it for the cash only. I would advise people to be careful with this guy. Anyone that would employ the Balloon technique is not much of a fisherman in my book. You notice how he doesn't give out any information in his commercials. Most people will share a lot of the info. in their commercials knowing that they have a lot more material in the DVD's.
    Now Russ Bailey is a class act. Great guy who not only puts out some great material but he has also offered free advice to me personally. That tells me he is in it for the right reasons. He even sent me some small bobbers once. at no cost to me. I would tell Dan to get on board and take some lessons from Russ.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 10-06-2009 at 07:41 AM.
    Keep some for the pan, let the larger ones go back for another day!
    Tight Lines!

~Big D

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I had no idea. I'm more on the beginner side I guess, and just looking for some good tactics I can integrate into the basics I already know.

It seemed like sound advice to help find them. If the guy is a jerk, he's a jerk, I don't know him. I'm more interested in finding some info to help me, and this board is GREAT!

But always looking from other areas too. Maybe it will be best for me to just run some more techniques by you guys without giving you the source and create a bunch of hubub.

Sorry for the trouble! And thanks for the comments...still learning.

Jayson

Post Thanks / Like

jayson there is no secret that can replace time on the water. Even when you catch NO FISH you should take something away from that experience. That to me is the biggest secret known to any fisherman.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking No Blood, No Foul ... Jayson

Quote Originally Posted by jaysonelmhurst View Post
    Wow, I had no idea. I'm more on the beginner side I guess, and just looking for some good tactics I can integrate into the basics I already know.
    It seemed like sound advice to help find them. If the guy is a jerk, he's a jerk, I don't know him. I'm more interested in finding some info to help me, and this board is GREAT!
    But always looking from other areas too. Maybe it will be best for me to just run some more techniques by you guys without giving you the source and create a bunch of hubub.
    Sorry for the trouble! And thanks for the comments...still learning.
    Jayson
    Not necessary to apologize for asking ...

Alot of these Spamfomercials are aimed towards those on the "beginner side" ... biggest difference between us & them, is we don't charge for our secrets/opinions/tactics :D

And it would probably be better to give the source, so that we could research the info for ourselves ... before debunking it, or agreeing with it.

... cp

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast