Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pops?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pops?

Two quick questions for you? First havent been to Sardis in two weeks where can you put in right now or should I say Thursday or Friday. Noticed on Miss. fishing report said river was in the banks at Wyatts. I normally like to put in at Hurricane or Holiday. Second have or heard any good reports?

Thanks
    Spawner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis

Spawner, I only have info about the south side. You can drive out to the river ramp at Hurricane, but I don't fish there after water gets this low, too much dust and mud. I don't think you can put a boat of any size in at Clear Creek, Pat's Bluff is still OK for a few more feet (lake is around 247' today, drawdown about .3'-.4' daily). I put in at Engineer's Point yesterday, talked to a couple of trollers who said they had caught real good fish the last few days. I went up to Thompson and jigged around some tops that were in about 6' of water, and caught nine decent fish in about an hour. I am not having much luck with deeper tops, I think the warm water temps (for this time of year) are keeping fish in shallower water.

I'm sure the trollers are catching more fish, but what the heck, I sure like to feel them bite. I can't eat 30 fish a day anyhow!
    Last edited by Pops; 10-19-2005 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Add info about Hurricane.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Spillway?

Thanks for your info. however my fishing buddy thought it was a little to windy to boat in Friday so I didnt go out. I did drive to spillway and try it for awhile.
    Caught alot fish of all species but not a one was big enough. Tried several different techniques but couldnt get the bigger fish to bite.

Thanks again
    spawner