Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weekend=GOOD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend=GOOD

Took the twins out Saturday morning for about 3 hours. They both caught some nice fish. I called their mama to come pick them up when it started getting too hot for them. I make them wear their lifejackets while in the boat. Not just the law, but don't think daddys heart could take losing one of them. They both had a great time. The weather was about as perfect as could be with very light winds.

After Mom picked them up, and delivered daddy a Super Sonic Burger, I got back after them. Went to the same spot and ended up with 33 keepers for the day. The biggest being around 13" which Sissy caught.

Sunday was a different story. Mom took ALL the kids with her to go visit her sisters out of town. I woke up, check her tires and oil, gave her a kiss with a be careful, have fun message. I was off to the lake. I tried an old spot that I haven't fished in about 3 months which produced one 12" "One eyed fish", and several dinks. This is a popular tree that people line up to fish at. I then went back to the point I fished the day before. I caught about 4 there. The wind had come up some, and I decided to go explore a Non windy area. I caught a couple of straglers here and there and was about ready to hit the ramp. I was going to slow troll to the point, then call it a day. BAM, hooked a nice 14", BAM, another one in the same area, about the same size. They were holed up around a submerged tree or rock, with brush at the base. I sat right there and caught several more up till dark. I ran out of minnows, and used a home spun, red, red, white 1/32th oz jig, and a hot pink, silver flake, white 1/64th oz on top of it. I was experiencing my first double catches of the year. It was really fun. I stayed until after dark, then decided to head on back. I did mark the spot on the GPS and will return many times in the future.
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 10-17-2005 at 08:10 AM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Won't forget

That's when you know it's right, when you can stay until after dark and even then don't want to go home! Glad ya'll had a good time CR.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns