Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Catching again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catching again

Took the twins out Saturday morning for about 3 hours. They both caught some nice fish. I called their mama to come pick them up when it started getting too hot for them. I make them wear their lifejackets while in the boat. Not just the law, but don't think daddys heart could take losing one of them. They both had a great time. The weather was about as perfect as could be with very light winds.

After Mom picked them up, and delivered daddy a Super Sonic Burger, I got back after them. Went to the same spot and ended up with 33 keepers for the day. The biggest being around 13" which Sissy caught.

Sunday was a different story. Mom took ALL the kids with her to go visit her sisters out of town. I woke up, check her tires and oil, gave her a kiss with a be careful, have fun message. I was off to the lake. I tried an old spot that I haven't fished in about 3 months which produced one 12" "One eyed fish", and several dinks. This is a popular tree that people line up to fish at. I then went back to the point I fished the day before. I caught about 4 there. The wind had come up some, and I decided to go explore a Non windy area. I caught a couple of straglers here and there and was about ready to hit the ramp. I was going to slow troll to the point, then call it a day. BAM, hooked a nice 14", BAM, another one in the same area, about the same size. They were holed up around a submerged tree or rock, with brush at the base. I sat right there and caught several more up till dark. I ran out of minnows, and used a home spun, red, red, white 1/32th oz jig, and a hot pink, silver flake, white 1/64th oz on top of it. I was experiencing my first double catches of the year. It was really fun. I stayed until after dark, then decided to head on back. I did mark the spot on the GPS on will return many times in the future.
    Bart, hit me up sometime for the coordinates. I already sent them to BG so he can check it out. I might take off a bit early later in the week to spend an afternoon fishing with BG. He is thinking of setting up camp.
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 10-17-2005 at 06:41 AM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

man that sounds fun
    One More Cast ...

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys im new here. im just curious was that on oologah lake? im just starting to fish that lake, if so. just wondering if you can give some pointer for the rookie.

thanks

red...

Post Thanks / Like

Red Oolougha has brush ever where in every creek like Blue creek or Spencer or up Goose Island way dont be scared to fish the deep piles such as near 25 feet deep as we caught them there last week that deep

Post Thanks / Like

We gotta meet up Red. I'll send you a Private message with a #

Post Thanks / Like

crappie reaper, i replied to your pm. so give me call.

im going to try to head out there torrow.

red....

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Boat

Quote Originally Posted by red...
    crappie reaper, i replied to your pm. so give me call.

im going to try to head out there torrow.

red....
    My boat is about a POS, but it works good, and will get us around. I am not going to be able to fish this weekend. I have to go out of town.