Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOZ 10-3-09 Day 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ 10-3-09 Day 3

Did I mention the wind yesterday? Yeah, well it was here again today but not quit as bad. Sam and I are learning LOZ a little bit. We probably caught another 100 crappie today, but the difference was today that we managed a couple of limits!!!!!!!!!!! Biggest fish went 1.2 I believe it was. We just haven't been able to get onto this dock fishing thing. I'm sure there are those who are good at it but we just haven't found ourselves liking it. We fished mainly bluffs and lay downs today and did pretty well. It was a cool day on the water today as you can tell from the pictures. Did I mention the wind? Color didn't really seem to matter again today. Well time for the fish fry. Wish you all were here.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job guys, sounds like the two of you have LOZ figured out!

Post Thanks / Like

Is it THAT cold out Chris? Looks like yer ready to go Ice fishing.:D
    There's some kick a$$ fish in that lake
    Wish I could have made it back down there.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Good Job, We had about the same kind of day. The fish bit pretty good. We did caught a lot of nice 11-12 inchers. the wind was much more bearable today. can't wait for the sun to come up and try again tomorrow.

To bad our buddy LOZcrappie couldn't make this trip. We sure missed him not being in the back of the boat whining about not being over the brush piles and not caughting anything.

Post Thanks / Like

nice report,glad y'all got on a mess. hope supper was good,fried fish anywhere is good,but at the lake it has to be the best, later and congrats. again

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish Sam & Chris. By the way your dressed its as cool as you say it is or your messing with us. I have fished LOZ a few times & we do like that dock fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Job Guys! Looks Like Sam Is Handling The Cold Weather Better Than You Are Chris!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good job Chris

sounds like you had a good 3 day run. Hope everyone had a great time. Wish I could have made it down but heading to the race tomorrow, that is where the allowance for this weekend is going:D Can't wait for OSS's post, did you out fish him:D
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Chris, Sam, and everyone else! Glad you guys are catching fish!

Post Thanks / Like

:DRugs, it was chilly but not all that bad. Don't let the outfit fool ya. That is just one of the 100 mph Gortex wind suits. But it works well for the wind.

Beagle, yep the dinner was great. Lots of food and way too many fish for sure.

Gary, no not messing with you. Same answer as I gave Rugs.

Dan, Sams got more insulation that I do. :D

Lenny, who said anything about just three days. We are headed out again in the morning to try and do it again. Have fun at the races. I had tickets but decided to do this instread. Let's just put it this way, OSS has taught us well.............will let him answer as to the outfishing.

Tom, sure wish you would have made it.

Everybody, man if you have not made it to a Crappie camp you should make it a point to put it on the calendar the next time one is planned. They are really a lot of fun and a lot of good people to hang out with. I'm not going to go into naming all the names of the great peope I have met this weekend but there have been a bunch. But I do want to say this, if any of you every get a chance to meet of chat with BlueSkeeter that some extra time to spend with him. Man, he is like a gentle GIANT. Really enjoyed meeting you buddy and enjoyed the conversation. Oh and man can he cook. :D
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast