Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STOCKTON a little windy, but

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up STOCKTON a little windy, but

I gave it a try, fished a cove I knew would be out of the wind, found crappie about 22ft deep in the brush, water was 69dg. clear as all get out, they wanted the jig moving, and the color was black/silver or orange/silver, had to keep the jig moving, that was no problem, let the wind blow me over the brush. motor back past the brush, then do it all over again, caught about 40 fish, had 12 keepers,

now for the rest of the story, there must have been a hundred bass boats on stockton today, parking lot was full, lots of advertising on the boats, strike king and berkly and chevy must be a tour. there this weekend, not one bass boat fished arround me, in fact I never seen another crappie fisherman all day, left the water at 2 and called Frosty, he said I was nuts. oh well a good day for sure, later all

crappie up

Post Thanks / Like

Great job beagle! I almost called u and asked if u was crazy enought to be out on the water now i know the answer! I hope to hit the lake on sunday!

Post Thanks / Like

You are crazy

Post Thanks / Like

Way To Go Beagle you are my vote for Fridays Super Hero for fighting that wind and putting 12 keepers in the boat!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Beagle.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Beagle! That was some wind today I was wondering if anyone would be on Stockton today.

Post Thanks / Like

yea beagle i was there today we have a championship tourament here this weekend and i know there another tourament on sunday with a 75 boat feild the one im fishing on sat i think they said there was 75 to 100 boats so its goin to be a busy weekend here and yes it was very freakinnnnn windny i caught more crappie then i did bass today i had 5 crappie all keepers 12 and 13 inchers all on a shacky head jig with a 6"watermalon trick worm and it did the trick caught crappie instead of bass

Post Thanks / Like

You da man, Beagle! It took a crappie cowboy to ride that wind
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

")yes, I agree with Buckwheat.glad you caught a bunch.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, yea buckwheat you are right and being dropped on you head a time or two dont hurt none, champ I noticed a lot of bass boats, glad I wont or dont plan on being on the water this weekend, it wasnt bad in the cove, rain next week looks like the weather guessers are saying, cool the water off a bit more , eaven better fishing, luck to you on the tour.

crappie up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast