Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird Sidefinder 987si

Prospect Hill,N.C. LAKES, FALLS AND JORDAN
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird Sidefinder 987si

Has Anyone Got Any Experince Using This Unit And If So What Is Your Opinion,big Investment To Make Without Any Use Feedback, Going Only On What Humminbird Puts Out On Unit.
    JERK THEM OUT BY DA ROOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished with team Watters for a while now and they have the unit I have seen what this unit can do first hand and bought one just yesterday was my first time to run the unit on my rig and I caught fish where you could see fish on the SI and where I didint see fish I tried also but didnt catch fish. This unit is like looking at a digital picture of what you are looking at for instance say a tree you can see the branches and if it hasnt been cut off you can see the root system and see where the fish are stacked on the ends or all over I have seen sunk boats house foundations and all kinds of stuff that in reg sonar looks like brushpiles while they wasnt at all I highly recommend this unit it will make a difference in your fishing and even tho it will take a little time to learn it it is fairly user friendly I am sure there will be people on here knock it but they shouldnt till they see it in the boat with someone that has knowledge enough to run it

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot if you are really interested in the unit I have some pics on floppy we took with the unit at Ft Gibson Lake I can send ya Oh yea YOU CAN ALSO TAKE PICS OF WHAT YA ARE LOOKING AT TO VIEW ON YOUR PC AT HOME OR ON THE 987 just let me know

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a thread with some first hand info and a link to screen shots:
    http://www.fishinfo.com/fishingrepor...ID21/1950.html

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Hummingbird Matrix 37 and I plan on buying a sidefinder transducer for it next Spring. I think it would be great for looking along banks and under docks. I have a Bottom Line Fishing Buddy II sonar unit that I sometimes mount on the front of my boat. It has a sidefinder feature on it and I have located a number of crappie schools in open water using it. Heck, if the technology is there, why not use it?

Post Thanks / Like

Do Lowrance and Hummingbird have interchagable transducers? Same wiring connectors is what I mean.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper
    Do Lowrance and Hummingbird have interchagable transducers? Same wiring connectors is what I mean.
    No they are completely different, Lowrance uses a round connection and humminbird has a blade style. Not even sure if the have the same number of wires.

Redtick, I plan to do the same like you in purchasing a side scan for the Matrix 37. I think it would be really slick for finding brush under docks. Would save me alot of time looking for new honey holes.

Check out this message board they have some snap shot of the this unit in action, very cool pics.
    http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=60848
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

RedTick let me clear something up for you what you are thinking about is something else than the side imaging capabilities that the 987 has it takes a virtual photo of the bottom like a digital camera or better yet sort of like a ultra sound picture when a gal goes to see what she is having

Post Thanks / Like

You could be right. I won't know about the side finding transducer until I invest in one but I think it would be a good investment. Your unit is much more expensive than a Matrix 37, so it likely is better.