Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Ready to Give Up!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down About Ready to Give Up!

Well I'm about ready to just become a bass fisherman Got to go today, trying to catch some crappie for a fish fry this weekend. But just about all I caught was bass in the 1lb to 2lb range Luck the guy I was fishing with likes them. I caught 30 bass and 5 crappie, he caught 18 bass and 6 crappie. This has been the case the last two time I've been fishing
    So maybe if I start trying to catch bass maybe I'll catch some crappie ??
    We fished every brush pile we know, all full of bass
    Water temp at 7:00 am was about 70.5 and at 2:00pm when we quit it was 73.9 to 74.2 we were fishing all depths from 3ft on the bank to 15 to 18ft in deeper water, and all in between, just don't know what I'm doing wrong?? We fished shiners, jigs, jigs tipped with shiners, jigs tipped with crappie nibbles you name it we fished it, I got tried of catching them green crap! But my buddy took home a cooler full of fish So not all wasted time.
    I just don't like the taste of bass. Oh well I guess a day on the lake was better than working :D
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Wantabe
    I was about to ask " how much fun would it be if you caught a limit every time you went crappie fishing" but i realize that it would be alot of fun! You will get em next time!!!.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcfillingham View Post
    Wantabe
    I was about to ask " how much fun would it be if you caught a limit every time you went crappie fishing" but i realize that it would be alot of fun! You will get em next time!!!.
    I would like to catch a limit just one time
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

I think I remember catching a limit about 20 years ago from the Chicken Coop on Toledo Bend. I have been working hard to catch enough for an annual family fish fry we will have in a couple of weeks. Everything has been fair game the last couple of months. We will have lots of crappie, bream, a few black bass, white bass, cat fish, and I will probably go fishing at Sam's for some tilapia. I think I have a chain pickeral or two so to round out the meal.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

It would be the same for me if I only fished for crappie. those shellcrackers and bream keep me going. there are lots of times I don't have much luck too.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

If you find bass you will find crappie.

Everybody likes to eat crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would have a bass fry.

Post Thanks / Like

You got to catch the big bass out of your honey hole first, then the crappie will start biting. They don't bite good when a bass is crusin around trying to eat them :D Sounds like a great fishin trip to me

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman_Wantabe View Post
    I would like to catch a limit just one time

What is your limit? In the Northwest there is no limit. Crappie are considered trash fish in this area of fishermen with a Trout fixation. I have averaged over a hundred fish almost every trip.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wantabe, you live in a state known for it's crappie population. It may seem a little out of the way but have you ever considered hiring a guide for the day? If you ask lots of questions and stay close to home you can find a guide who doesn't mind teaching you how to be more successful. I've been out with 3 in my life and don't regret the money spent for an instant. It was like going to school for me. Took some phone work, but if he isn't going to accomadate (sp) your needs then he doesn't deserve your hard earned. Folks here on this site have lots of info, and shortened my learning curve a lot. Going with someone from your area that is already fishing the way you do is an inside straight. Just a little input, don't go chasin greenies yet. Summers hard when you're learnin, but we're into fall now and the bite should improve for a couple of months til the water gets real cold. Tight lines.....
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast