Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A Glimpse of Justice

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Glimpse of Justice

I was lookin out over the lake this morning enjoying the gorgeous day. A bass boat approached the mouth of the cove as all bass boats approach the mouths of all coves--full speed. The fisherman operating the boat made one of those real cool sharp turns that really throw up a wake and then cut the motor and lept up to the casting deck and grabbed a rod. By turning the boat just before he stopped he ended up parallel to his own wake. He stood up to cast off the side of the deck and thus had his back to the approaching wave that he had caused. Just as he drew his arm back to cast the wave came up and hit the boat along the entire side. The side of the boat lifted up about 3' real sudden like and Mr Fastboat went head first into the drink. He made it out and everything was OK. Then he put on his life vest and took off. Fast.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

slab_seeker Guest

Default Smarty Pants

I bet he slows is butt down next time or looks back before casting.

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    I was lookin out over the lake this morning enjoying the gorgeous day. A bass boat approached the mouth of the cove as all bass boats approach the mouths of all coves--full speed. The fisherman operating the boat made one of those real cool sharp turns that really throw up a wake and then cut the motor and lept up to the casting deck and grabbed a rod. By turning the boat just before he stopped he ended up parallel to his own wake. He stood up to cast off the side of the deck and thus had his back to the approaching wave that he had caused. Just as he drew his arm back to cast the wave came up and hit the boat along the entire side. The side of the boat lifted up about 3' real sudden like and Mr Fastboat went head first into the drink. He made it out and everything was OK. Then he put on his life vest and took off. Fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Picture that

Don't you wish you had a camera in your hands, at moments like that?---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

Default That is a guy in a hurry. Which is why I am not really for tournament fishing for $s

It's that sort of thing that I hate to see these days. I long for the days when guys all used smaller motors or oars. We go too fast these days and money makes us go even faster and do stuff that normal people won't do. Fishing is suppose to be a relaxing sport not a hurry up and get to the spot first.

Glad to see that the guy was ok after he fell in the lake. Nothing was hurt except his pride and that needed a beating. Slow down should have been the message he took away from that incident. But I doubt that even the soaking in the lake even made a dent in his brain. If it had he would have not rushed off a high speed like he came into that bay.

Which reminds me. I am going to put my wallet inside a plastic waterproof baggie as I have fallen out of the baot a few times myself. LOL A sandwitch zip loc bag will help keep the contents of your wallet dry if you don't stay in the water too long.

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kunes,

I would have paid money to see that - too bad you didn't get it on video!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I bet that was a site to see. You would have thought he had learned his lesson;but, taking off fast again, I guess he was mad at himself. lol. Some of the big dollar boats boys do have a swollen head, I guess whoever has the biggest and most toys ,wins.Or that my big boat demands respect. The thing that sticks in my crawl, is boat ramp etiquette. I do the proper thing by getting my boat ready before I make to the ramp, then approach the ramp to launch, and it is blocked by 10 boats getting ready to launch. But when we generalize humans behavior,its all about me,thats sad.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys,

Really is a shame that some people have no more respect for other fishermen on the lake. Just last weekend 2 cousins of mine had their wives and one of their little daughters in an aluminum boat while fishing along a tree lined channel. About the time I pulled out onto the channel I saw a 21 foot bass boat about to pass them. The guy did slow the boat down to about 20 MPH, just enough to almost wash the aluminum boat up into a couple of trees. I have always wondered if these people have never looked back and watched the havoc they produce. So just incase they have never seen it, every time I witness an occasion like I did with my cousins, I will try to accommodate them in the same manner. Well, sure enough this guy stops his boat no more than a 1/4 down the channel. So I got a little revenge for the group in the small boat. Maybe next time this guy will think before something more serious than a few scratches to his new bass boat occurs.

I know....Shame on me for stooping to his level, but I just hate for someone to be down on a level all his own!!!!
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!