Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Fishing Video Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Fishing Video Question

Hey All,

I have finally realized that I need some more help catching these critters! I fished yesterday morning for 5 hours and caught 1 short fish. Others fishing the same lake did MUCH better than that. One guy limited and the few others I saw had 8 or 9 that were between 10 and 12.5"

Are there any videos that you would recommend I purchase? Not necessarily a video of guys hauling in slabs over the side of the boat for 2 hours culling 14" fish but something that discusses presentation, patterns, structure, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Bo
    I REFUSE TO CATCH MY FISH AT KROGERS!!

Post Thanks / Like

They have some good informative video at www.crappiestuff.com. I would also reccommend any of the In-Fisherman crappie videos or their book on crappie fishing. There are some other good books availible also. But, I think any information any crappie fisherman ever needs is on this board. You may need to be able to sort the wheat from the chaff though.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim Huffman Puts Out Some Really Good Books On Crappie Fishing.
    They Are Straightforward, Easy To Read, And His Books And Crappie
    Magazine Are The Best Resources I Know.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark's tapes have SOME practical tips http://www.crappiestuff.com/catalog/...524/239485.htm

here is a link to 4 video's by In-Fisherman magazine

https://store.primediamags.com/shop/.../searchResults

The In-Fisherman site has some panfishing articles on line. In my view the In-Fisherman organization through books, tapes, and it's magazine does more to educate fishermen in fishing tactics than any other national orgaization. I subscribe to Crappie World magazine and Crappie Journal Magazine, In Fisherman magazine, BassMaster magazine, Bass Times magazine, and FLW Outdoors. Each has it's purpose, but for education and how to tips In-Fisherman magazine leads the way.
    There are videos that deal with specific tactics that are very good for that tactic. There are also some very good books on the subject, but you asked for videos.

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me more about Crappie Journal Magazine, don't think I have heard of it. I know about Crappie World.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ
    Tell me more about Crappie Journal Magazine, don't think I have heard of it. I know about Crappie World.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Crappie Journal is the offical publication of the American Crappie Association and is published quarterly or thee rabouts. It is provided to members of the ACA also known as Crappie USA.
    This is a link to the home page:
    https://www.crappieusa.com/index.cfm

click on the library icon. then select Crappie Journal and How too tactics to see past artilces.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

you can learn a lot in your aera by reading the post on your state . a magazine will help but it can be confusing as it doesent cover your state onley . what works here want`t work in another state usealey . it can be different in the same state and in a different lake . there is a lot of things that will affect a crappie bite .
    retired and now i will always fish

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Papasage makes a good point. It seems most articles written are about fishing lakes. Its hard to find articles on fishing for crappie in rivers. Especially the coastal rivers I fish a lot and there are some nice crappie to be had in them.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I really have a hard time trusting anything a tourney fisherman tells me about where to fish, unless i know them and then i'm suspect. Just ask me where i found that sac of MORELS, i'll put you right on em.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks all! I just know I'm doing something wrong! Good Luck!
    I REFUSE TO CATCH MY FISH AT KROGERS!!