Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ross barnett Spillway expert needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ross barnett Spillway expert needed

I know that i the winter and it floods below the spillway that the crappie turn on bigtime when it starts that slow fall and the gauge is 21-15 feet. Here's what going on RIGHT NOW. We've got the fall drawdown beginning at the rez, that combined with all the rain we had is going to put it up to a crest of 24.5 feet around wednesday at 7AM, seems that it's gonna hold there for til friday at 7AM when it starts fall. Question is, WILL the crappie react the same way they do in the winter time NOW since it's fall time. Stacking up as the water falls and congregate on the channels?
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

DD put your boat in and go down past the rest rooms, look for boats on the right side and there is a big hole. If not too many boats in there you can push jigs and wear them out.
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default YEh, I know exactly where that hole is

Not sure it'll get up to the restrooms though but it should get on up to the top of the rip rap. Think I'll ride by there this afternoon to see how high it is now. Thinking saturday or sunday morning, mainly sunday after it's sat for a few days and is falling, they should be in there. Least they were this winter. I just didn't know if they'd do it in the fall like they do in the winter. There's also a place around the bend, a mile or so downstrean thats pretty good in the winter
    proud member of "Team Cup"