Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I had a Championship T brainstorm over lunch....

Post Thanks / Like

Default I had a Championship T brainstorm over lunch....

What about having the Grenada T on the morning of the 10th and having the Championship from like 1:30 till 6:30 that afternoon, or possibly the following day.

It would be tough to get the Fall Camp in order by then but it could be done.

Just a thought.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'll be camping the

next 2 weekends in a row, don't think I'll be able to 2 weekends in a row. Just my 2 cents but Wannabe needs to add in his 2 cents since this whole thing was his idea in the first place. Best thing to do is like you were trying to do bigger, put the dates up and whatever the date that comes up with the most votes is it. There's no way this time of year you're going to please everyone. They actually should have been done closer together cause now you're got bow season starting day after tomorrow, then gun season rolls around. Deuck season, squirrell season is here and a bunch of other things going on. NO way to get everyone that wants to be there, there. IF you do pospone it til say early march though, I'll bet that darn near everyone will be there
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Don.....just when CAN you come....and dont say Feb and Mar.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

That's weird. I just went through a storm my own self. But mine wasn't a brain storm and mine was after lunch too.

I dunno....on one hand, I'd love to do the championship in the spring, but on the other, I think the intent was to wrap this year up in this year.

Haven't really said much, but I was thinking about expanding the FJ thing next year and starting earlier - like in the Spring anyhow, so we'll get to fish it then anywho.

We're gonna have a heck of a time nailing this thing down to include everyone any which way you slice it.

Here's what I suggest. Let's redo the poll and include doubling up on the 10th, then have every saturday from the 10th through Nov listed. Leave it up for 3 days, then redo with the top 4 results and let that one run for 3 days, winner takes all. Heck, this time of the year, I'm liable to come up and not be able to come myself depending on the weekend it actually falls on. Worst case, we'd still have a week to throw together a fall camp if everyone decided to do it on the 10th. We could prolly pull that off though.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feb or March. LOL

Actually I can come ANYTIME after Novemebr 1st. I have our final fruit jar that weekend, then I have to go to MOnster Central for the BBQ/ MOnster hunt. Then a family trip to Caddo Lake the next, then Halloween/my birthday the next. So anytime after novemeber 1st.
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biggerjigger View Post
    What about having the Grenada T on the morning of the 10th and having the Championship from like 1:30 till 6:30 that afternoon, or possibly the following day.

Just a thought.
    Having it the next day isn't a bad idea at all especially if you combined it with the Fall Camp. Everybody would be there for the big dinner Saturday night plus some of the folks that didn't compete in the FJ's could be there when we launch and weigh-in on Sunday to see how much fun it is and hopefully they will join us next year.:D
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biggerjigger View Post

Just a thought.
    Thats just Gas Bigger!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    That's weird. I just went through a storm my own self. But mine wasn't a brain storm and mine was after lunch too.

I dunno....on one hand, I'd love to do the championship in the spring, but on the other, I think the intent was to wrap this year up in this year.

Haven't really said much, but I was thinking about expanding the FJ thing next year and starting earlier - like in the Spring anyhow, so we'll get to fish it then anywho.

We're gonna have a heck of a time nailing this thing down to include everyone any which way you slice it.

Here's what I suggest. Let's redo the poll and include doubling up on the 10th, then have every saturday from the 10th through Nov listed. Leave it up for 3 days, then redo with the top 4 results and let that one run for 3 days, winner takes all. Heck, this time of the year, I'm liable to come up and not be able to come myself depending on the weekend it actually falls on. Worst case, we'd still have a week to throw together a fall camp if everyone decided to do it on the 10th. We could prolly pull that off though.

Wannabe...
    If you had a brain storm it probably wasnt much but a sprinkle!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff