Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where Should I find Crappie tomorrow morning?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where Should I find Crappie tomorrow morning?

I'm going fishing with some minnows tomorrow morning first thing. Should I be fishing shallow or deep? Suspended, on structure, where ?! I know the normal answers about using a ff, but I just would like to know where they "should" be.

I'm in Oklahoma and the temps have been getting down into the 60's at night and I was planning on going first thing in the morning. Any suggestions? Is the fishing good at that time? Should I wait longer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baptistpreach View Post
    I'm going fishing with some minnows tomorrow morning first thing. Should I be fishing shallow or deep? Suspended, on structure, where ?! I know the normal answers about using a ff, but I just would like to know where they "should" be.

I'm in Oklahoma and the temps have been getting down into the 60's at night and I was planning on going first thing in the morning. Any suggestions? Is the fishing good at that time? Should I wait longer?
    Post this on the Ok state board and will probably get better results. Let them know which lake you are planning on going to be fishing. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I did that already, but was hoping for some more exposure on the main board. Tomorrow comes too fast!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baptistpreach View Post
    I did that already, but was hoping for some more exposure on the main board. Tomorrow comes too fast!!
    Use that sonar to see where the shad are and fish there. At some point they should move to the back of the creeks, but don't know about your lake. If not in the back of the creeks look at the mouth of the creeks for bait fish balls and where ever you find them you should find some crappie.

Heck right now I just got my boat back hanging in my boat house so I can go, but have not yet so I don't even know where they are on Toledo Bend yet. Hope they move to the backs of the creeks soon and with this cooler weather than normal maybe they will. I know last time out (6 weeks of so ago) they were in something like 24'-26' of water and 12'-17' down. Caught a few under a bridge around the pilings.

Good luck and which I knew more about your lake.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I fished 1 1/2hrs and filled my bucket. Go in the morning, I fished from shore at 4 1/2ft. down and hammered the fish. It was below sixty degrees, air temperature that is. Using a salt chartruce with a crappie niblet. Yes I can post a picture. Have posted a picture on my thread.