Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Winter crappies through the ice - gettin' ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter crappies through the ice - gettin' ready.

A lot of guys stop going for crappie in the winter. I don't plan on stopping... though I've never had much success in the winter.

It's not far away, and I'm getting ready.

I got a lot of good stuff to try from this video. Pretty good, for anyone who fishes through the ice.

OutdoorClips.com - Backwater Winter Crappies

Post Thanks / Like

Winter is probably one of my favorite times to be crappie fishing other than the spring! Sight fishing for them through the ice is a blast. It's awesome to watch those big crappies swim up to your fly and suck it in just a few feet below the ice!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

The crappie that came through the ice are the best tasting to me. Nice firm flesh and you don't have to worry about the going bad because of tghe heat. Extra plus is less people chasing the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

FI used to like ice fishing until I went through in High School. I haven't been out since, although I've got lots of buds trying to get me to go again.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video. Looking forward to getting on some slabs this winter.

Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

Love winter fishing. We don't get ice here in Mississippi, but it does get quite cold at times. I've noticed that when it snows the crappie go on a frenzy. More than a few times, I've been fishing, having no luck at all, then it starts snowing and I catch them as fast as I can get a jig in the water.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved that video. Nothing like watching those fish come up and smack my spoons. I'm gonna enjoy the fall bite while it lasts but you best believe i've charged up the vex and scout batteries.:D We dont usually get good ice til january here so i've learned to be patient.

Post Thanks / Like

great video to get someone pumped to go ice fishing. Im stilll learnin the ways to find and catch crappie on the ice.haven't had much luck,just a few small dinks. definetly going any chance i get.I had a close call on the ice too about two years ago and had my leg go through the ice. (stupid rookie mistake!!!) That will definitely get the heart pumping.