Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tournament wrap up report.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournament wrap up report.

Well, it was quite a spectacle. According to Pstone, there were 258 registered boats. Felt more like 1,258. I saw everything from a 16' Tiller with a 40 HP, to a 21 Foot Lund with a 225. Also, there were 2 pontoons that I know of and one of them was a Tritoon with a 225 that reportedly would do 60 mph.

Never got a chance to look at it, but there was a very large camo tin boat, probably a 2072, maybe an 1870 that had a weird contraption on it stickong out the back. Looked like the worlds largest paddle. I'm sure it was some kind of trolling plate that they put down after they got to their spot, but it was odd looking. Matter of fact, I saw them on Sunday about the Oakland exit broken down with a wheel off their trailer. Would have stopped, but had the family with me and I was headed South while they were headed North. Anybody know what that contraption was exactly.

Congrats to Tlow and Munta - the top finishing C.Cers, but an honorable mention goes to Pstone/Blount, SatDoc and Torch. Not sure where they finished, but Looney/Harris were right in there too.

My youngest was right in the hunt on Saturday, but his pattern fell apart on day 2 due to the change in wind direction. Story to follow.

Here's some random pics from the weekend.

The tournament guys did a pretty good job of trying to nurse the fish back up. I have some issue with the way they went about the weigh in and there's plenty of room for improvement, but the guys at the tank and the release boat worked hard to try and salvage as many as possible. Needless to say, a LOT of fish died, but many lived due to their efforts.

Wannabe...
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question

I guesss they threw the alive fish back in the water all at one location? Where'd they throw them back?
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Pstone, Ray and Kent yucking it up. Not sure what Kent's doing flailing about with that arm, but I remember he was telling a story about about whoopin' Ray with a 16' BnM trying to get him to move to spot with big fish in it. That might have been when I snapped the pic. You can tell by the look on Ray's face, he's already heard the story several times.

You can't see it, but Pstone had a Tlow/Munta voodoo doll in his back pocket and when no one was looking, he was hanging 7 itty bitty fish replicas on strings around their necks.

Wannabe...
    Last edited by Wannabe...; 09-02-2010 at 11:27 AM.
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Naw they said they were scattering em....just cant see how to keep em alive in that long line.

Was alot of dead fish floating yesterday.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

They had a pontoon with a big tank and 115 motor on it. I had heard they were spreading the fish around the lake and with the 115, I guess that was possible. During the time I was there - 2 hours, I saw it make 3 trips out and back. Could have been more as I was not really looking for it.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some final weigh in pics of the top teams. Don't count on me having the right name with the pic, I was way in the back talking with Yikes. Also, don't pay attention to the posted weight. That scale was zipping all over the place and it was pot luck to get the right weight.

I think the first pic is of the winners - Morgan and Watson.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Next up is Harrison. Then Sandage, then our very own Tlow/Munta.

By the way Tlow, I met Ginger Friday, then saw her again on Saturday. I think she's kind of sweet on me. Anybody that would choose to fish with Munta over Ginger.......well, no wonder you only finished 8th. I told her if I was fishing the tournament, she could be my partner. She hemmed and hawwed for a bit and seemed to be mulling it over. Then I told her I'd spring for minners and diet cokes. Pretty sure that won her over, but she said she'd let me know. Be sure to give her my phone number.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

WB, she'll be the most high maintenance partener you ever had. Can't bait a hook, can't take fish off, can't get wet, does not like the wind blowing thru her hair, very few places she will use the bathroom, alergic to catfish, your boat will probably not have the right smell to it. I wish yall the best of luck. It's gonna feel funny taking my money from you. lol
    TLOW OF HERNANDO

Post Thanks / Like

Tlow, dont feel Funny about taking money from WB, everybody elae he fished against so far has with no problem. FOFLOL
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default I know I don't

Better take that Bankers money and smile about it
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast