Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Western Front

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Western Front

Too many things going...and they get in the way of my Crappie fishin. Teal season...ML Deer...Doves. Shot video on a Teal hunt...shot a Buck and been waving at the big flocks of Doves going through.
    Getting some good first hand reports out of Glen elder...Marion has slowed down. Heard that Webster is hot for Crappies even from the bank.
    Wilson Lm and Sm are great in shallow weeds but Walleyes slow. Wipers really spotty at Milford.
    Answers:
    Not a big rack but big body. Lot of fat.
    fished Marion last week and just 12 keepers. Slab Busters and Beavertails on the dam.
    Jamestown with 2 DU RD's...still editing...should be on the outdoor page early October.
    2.5 inch Rapalas worked around the weeds.
    all the brush piles at Glen plus the causeway bridge.
    only 1 wiper at Milford on Sat...no surface action.

Post Thanks / Like

man great report thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, that kind of report is what the makes the CDC a great tool for us fishermen. Thanks again ksfish99.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Western Front

Would agree with all-Ksfish- Would like to fish with you sometime> Haven't gotten my Deer yet and yes it has interfered with crappie fishing. Have been to Glen 5 times and Webster once. Webster has better numbers it seems and Glen better quality. I have let some great fish go back in Glen Elder. It's hard to catch a 5-8 inch fish there? Where is that class of fish? Webster should be really good next year. I have enjoyed the 5-10 miles an hour wind while it lasted. Really geat fall fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Glen yesterday (Tuesday). Only fair...fish were decent 11-12 inches but hard to get any numbers but we scratched out a dozen. Weather man way off on the wind...so we did not get to fish piles on north side. Piles are getting picked pretty thin and locals not very friendly when you get close.