Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miss Slab Results

Post Thanks / Like

Default Miss Slab Results

How did you do slab?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what place we finished in. We didn't go to the awards banquet Sat. night so I haven't seen a complete sheet. It isn't posted on their website yet. We were on some good fish all week long although we never caught a stringer over 14 lbs we felt like we were in an area that could produce it. We caught a 13 pound stringer the Sat. before the tournament. One day one we minnow fished until noon and had 9 legal fish. We headed to our crank bait spot and caught another dozen fish. We weighed in 10.59 day one. On day two we went for broke and decided to pull cranks all day knowing we needed a big sack. We only managed 9 keepers and the three biggest died. So we only weighed in 6 fish at just over 8 lbs.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like us HUgh. We pulled cranks both days and caught a lot of fish. We were culling both days before 8. We had a 13lb sack Saturday and a 2.6 died in the line and we weighed 6 at 10lbs
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression that they checked the fish at your boat.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

That is what they normally do but not at this one, take em out and wait in line for 10 to 15 min to get em verified. Had they checked us at the ramp we would have had 2.5 more lbs. The hole thing this year was a total CLUSTERF++K.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have to disagree on the weigh in...if it was not for the long (expected) lines the weigh in went ok as far as i am conserned. No way to go to 248 dferent boats when 200 came in at one time. They checked ours withing seconds of entering the line both days. We had a fish or two die this week as well, but if they had of been as big as that one was, I'da weighed her at 10 when the scales opened. I have never seen them come to the boat to check fish, except on a two day, if you are in the top ten and they are gonna make you wait to weigh...

Post Thanks / Like

Well IMO, they should have launched in flights in 20 minute increments and drew for the flights. In addition, they should have had staging tanks to rest the fish in strung out down the line. Would have done a lot to minimize the time in bad water and under stress. Lot of fish died that shouldn't have....although, they were able return a lot to the water. Not that I'm saying they did a terrible job, just that there's a lot of room for improvement.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my partner had already agreed if we caught a 2.5 we were headed to the scales. I didn't have any problems with getting my fish checked fast when I got to the line. Now the wait was a little much but like pstone said what are you going to do when 200 boats show up at once. The only other option would be flights and I know you don't want that to become policy!
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Flights! Either we choose to protect the resourse, or we choose not to.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

NO flights...NO flights!!!!!
    Stick yo jig in there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast