Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Nibbles and boat carpet ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Crappie Nibbles and boat carpet ?

This isn't a worry for me since I fish out of a 17' Xpress with a RhinoLined floor.But I have a buddy who is setting up his Triton TR186 for slowtrolling and he's wondering(after seeing two months worth of mess in my rig)if the nibbles will stain his carpet.
    Invaribly,it seems every fish swung into the boat will shake a soft nibble onto the deck.
    Any insight?

Thanks,
    P

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pirogue, I think it will wash right out. It does on my carpet anyway. But if it stains it, tell him to go to NAPA. They make a spot remover called spot out. Bar non it is the best that I have ever seen. Took grape juice off a tan colored truck set after it had set for 3 days in a summer sun.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they will wash right out, I am fishing out a new Charger with no worries. I have found best to let them dry, and worry about them when you get home. Take a wet towel and rub the nibble very hard, it will take some elbow grease sometimes but it will do the trick. Keep rubbing till its clean and gone, then toss the towel in the washer.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks Guys !!!
    P

Post Thanks / Like

dhey look worse than are but a little cleaning they come up
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Those spots show character. I know I'm a Alabama/Georgia boy(redneck), but I never own a truck that ya can't scratch, dent, get dirty, wear muddy boots in it or spill something. Nor will I have a boat that I worry about drilling holes, skinning the hull(fishing standing timber), scraping the keel(beaching), fishy mess(blood & guts), or spots(nibbles) on the carpet. I just wash them with soap, water, and a brush. That is clean to me.
    Just keep the motor in shape and keep it that way and most of all protect that foot. Those stumps eat them.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Pirogue the nibblets will wash out. But here is a tip for just cleaning your boat carpet take a bottle of SIMPLE GREEN and spray your carpet and take a medium brissel brush and lightley scrub it in and go to your local car wash the kind with good soap and pressure and wash it with soap and warm water then rinse it. When you get back home take the garden hose and finish rensing soap out let dry in sun and your carpet will look like new. The pile may have to be brushed up with a brush a little but it will look like new. I have used this method two times on my carpet it workes great.

mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

You guys WASH your boats? Heck, I got my boat off ebay, the front deck carpet was missing. It's still missing, but I plan to replace it someday. I vaccuum my boat on occassion just to keep some of the stuff from working down below deck. But, it's going to have to take something really bad to wash it. The occassional rain shower does the trick for me. I don't want a "Pretty Boys Boat". I don't want to have to worry about stains, spilled soda, etc, that takes away from something else. I can understand those who are trying to maintain an investment. If that were the case, damn the carpet, replace it right before you put it on the market. Boat carpet is not that expensive due to the fact it's such a small amount of square footage.
    I take my small children with me alot, and do not want to concern myself with getting ticked if they spill something. I want them to have a great time no matter what. I bet there are at least 5 smashed minnows somewhere on it right now. My concerns are, life vests-check, motor-check, plug-check, batteries up-check, lights-check, pumps-check, etc.
    hehe
    On a more serious note, I can't blame anyone for taking good care of something nice. The things Mikeg and Tommy mentioned should help you keep your carpet in tip top shape (Roberta, where did "tip top shape" come from?). When I bought my very first NEW Truck, I washed that sucker daily for the first 4 months, even in the rain. I wish you the best of luck in keeping it clean. BTW, what's a nibble?? lol
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Yup...Back in "the day",I ran a 354V Ranger and was VERY particular with it.In fact,I ran it seven years(averaging 130 days a year on the water)and other than a few rock chips on the lower hull,it looked nearly showroom perfect.The extra care really paid off when I sold it...got TOP dollar.
    These days,I run the same Xpress for 90 days of duck hunting and then fish outa it the other nine months.Anyone who knows anything about duck hunting,knows that the sport and carpet DON'T mix.Hence the Rhino lined floors and deck. :D
    Thanks for the replies,I'll pass em on the my buddy.

P