Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rockafeller 9-25

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rockafeller 9-25

Well me and Laikyn made a trip down to rockafeller this AM. Got there around 8 and they had birds working in the canal. I had never seen them working in the canal so I decided to give it a try. Ended up catching 3 school trout 12 to 14 inches and missed about 6 others. Went to the wier and there was a couple of guys that had their limit of crabs so gave us their extras, which turned out to be 6 dozen. Let Laikyn finish of the limit of 12 dozen and then went chasing shrimp. Found some at the 2nd stop. Had to fight throught the gators for them though! Ended up with a limit of shrimp too! (25 lbs). Anyway enough talk, here are the pictures.

Ran into these "cajun flamingos" (Rosetta spoonbills for the yanks!) on the way to the shrimp.

Laikyn got some scenery pictures.

This guy would just not go away! He didn't bother me but the one that came up at my feet under the weir kind of caught me off guard!

Neat little guy. A goby fish
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Default cont.

The crabs

And the best part the shrimp! :D
    Last edited by shadow; 09-25-2009 at 06:17 PM.
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you two had a great day! The pics of the roseattes were superb!
    Were those specks in the Joseph Harbor canal?
    Incidentally, I ran into a school of what I am almost certain were big crevalle jacks feeding on pogies right at the mouth of Little White Lake (Way NW corner of V. Bay). They caught me with my pants down and I ran right through them and scattered them. Whatever, don't know what else they could have been - and if they were jacks that far north, what else could be around?!
    I must go see once the teal season is over!
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
    Looks like you two had a great day! The pics of the roseattes were superb!
    Were those specks in the Joseph Harbor canal?
    Incidentally, I ran into a school of what I am almost certain were big crevalle jacks feeding on pogies right at the mouth of Little White Lake (Way NW corner of V. Bay). They caught me with my pants down and I ran right through them and scattered them. Whatever, don't know what else they could have been - and if they were jacks that far north, what else could be around?!
    I must go see once the teal season is over!
    Pete
    Yea Pete, they were at Joesph's harbor where the cement dam canal and the main canal that runs to the gulf meet. I forgot to get the picture of the specks when I got the other ones but took one of them before I cleaned them, I will go back and add it in eventually.

I forgot to mention that Laikyn turned down going shopping with her mom to go crabbing with me!:D Man that girl has got her priorities straight! :D lol
    Last edited by jlaughlin72; 09-25-2009 at 09:46 PM.
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

nice pics that is a nice mess of crap and shrimp
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you and Laikyn on the catches... and great job on the photography.. the way those two pics are running together, it looks like that gator is going up to get the seagull.. Umm I guess they had the day off or did she play hookie? lol
    You can't fish with a hung line!

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice pictures Dwayne and congrats on the catch. It's nice too spend time with the daughters too (right Misty). Seems like you two a great day together.

The reds are hitting along with some trout in the inland waters. Shouldn't be long before the trout really move in. I've got the batteries at full charge, ready and waiting. I'm not real big on salt water fishing but a couple of nice fall trip are really enjoyable.

"gene"

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Good post Dwyane! I envy you and Laikyn spending that quality time together. Nice pics Laikyn!
    BamaFan

There are two things to aim for in life: First, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieves the second. Author unknown, but I like it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pictures! Enjoyed seeing your trip and glad you two found some 'groceries'! Those crabs and shrimp sure look good!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Dwayne. I don't know how well I would do. Probably spend too much time watching for those gators than catching crab and shrimp..
    Rick