Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And the race is on and here come's pride in the back stretch

Post Thanks / Like

Default And the race is on and here come's pride in the back stretch

Heart ache's going to the inside.

Well, here's the report for this AM:

Grenada is a ghost town. On the ride through town to take the kids to school, you wouldn't even know anyone was fishing, not a boat left in town what so ever.

I couldn't resist and wanted to see how many took my advice of launching from Wolf. Looks like about 10 did, with only 1 of them being a local boat.

Wannabe...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, I says to my self, "Self, that means the main ramp is gonna be a cluster and Self, you don't even need to get up in the middle of it with rigs parked on the grass and just left in the middle of the road".

Well, I couldn't resist, I just had to see the mele.

Surprisingly, even with 258 entrants, the ramp was just about as clean and neat as it was yesterday, with the little beach parking area only about 1/2 used.

Now, I'm double timing my hmmmms.....just where the heck did everybody put in then.

Well, I missed this on the way in and it turns out they used the beach area for overflow...the spot where the old hotel was anyway. Didn't see any on the beach itself though. Maybe 20 rigs there. Still leads me to believe some of the smaller and further away ramps are also being used, like Bryant, Graysport and North Graysport. For example, Tlow and Munta are staying up at Graysport....I'll bet they launched there and motored down.

The North End had about the same rigs parked there today as well. Maybe 25 or so put in there. Total guess, but Main has 150, Wolf 10, North End 25. That leaves 73 boats coming in from somewhere.
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

you forgot to close by......WB Cantore for CC live

Post Thanks / Like

Conditions.

Well, they got the North wind right this AM, although it's very manageable as of 8AM. Very gloomy and gray as you can see and visibility is limited to maybe 1.5 to 2 miles by mist and some light fog. Sprinkled a bit behind the levee on the way back in and radar shows a line of showers that's moving N, NE but looks like that one is gonna pretty well miss the lake. There's more behind that one though. My prediction is that the gore tex will be within arms reach all day, but they might get lucky.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks bud

Looks the exact same today as it has for the last 2 weeks out there. Just hope that rain holds off for the guys. YOU gonna fish this weekend WB? Well Sunday anyways. LOL
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that Triton, how's this.

This is Cantore Wannabe reporting to you live and on the scene in Grenada, MS, home of the 3 pound Crappie and rain more predictable than DonDon's gewberness.

Well, it looks like those rock boys were sandbagging afterall and they even brought reinforcements to just slap hose down the joint.

The point out in front of Perry was covered up too. Odd thing was, comparing where I saw boats from yesterday to today, other than the rocks and Perry, they're pretty much not to be seen on the main lake. Yesterday, they were evenly spaced all over the main lake. Either they were searching yesterday and didn't find anything worth returning to or the slick conditions yesterday let them fish how they wanted to on the main lake, but the North wind, although not kicking up a lot at the moment, is preventing them from doing the same on the same spots this AM.

Cantore Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

OK, OK, who am I kidding. I'm stalking him.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Updated 11:10 AM.

Raining. Not pouring but definitely a lot more than a shower.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Default what time is weigh in today?

OUGHT to be doing it now, shouldn't they?
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Gotte be in line by 4 i think
    Stick yo jig in there!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast