Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall Feeding Frenzy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Feeding Frenzy

It's starting to look like the Fall Feeding Frenzy may start a little early this year here in southwest central Arkansas. It's been a cooler summer than normal with much more rain than usual. Our surface temps are aleady falling slowly through the 70s, the smaller crappie are starting to stack up on brushpiles and Crappie Condos and they're starting to SMACK a jig "on the fall" so we're getting close.

We're catching tons of 8 to 9-inch white crappie from last year's spawn, which is giving us lots of action. We're also catching plenty of "Eaters" and a few "Good Ole Biguns". The Good Ole Biguns should start stacking up and getting frisky when the surface temps fall through the 60s and with the current extended forecast it looks like that may be soon.

Here are a few pics from the last week or so:

We're coming up on my favorite time of year for crappie fishing!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I can feel it in my bones. Great catches! Water temps are dropping here too.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad they are still good for yall. Here they were good for almost a month till all this rain. Nimrod is almost 22' high now!
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking catches. Hope we planed our trip out right we our to their 18th of next month. Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake View Post
    It's starting to look like the Fall Feeding Frenzy may start a little early this year here in southwest central Arkansas. It's been a cooler summer than normal with much more rain than usual. Our surface temps are aleady falling slowly through the 70s, the smaller crappie are starting to stack up on brushpiles and Crappie Condos and they're starting to SMACK a jig "on the fall" so we're getting close.

We catching tons of 8 to 9-inch white crappie from last year's spawn, which is giving us lots of action. We're also catching plenty of "eaters" and a few "good ole biguns". The Good Ole Biguns should start stacking up and getting frisky when the surface temps fall through the 60s and with the current extended forecast it looks like that may be soon.

Here's some pics from the last week or so:

We're coming up on my favorite time of year for crappie fishing!
    Jerry, great looking catch. Where were these fish located? Depth and area of the lakes? Thanks for the report!

Darin
    Keep some for the pan, let the larger ones go back for another day!
    Tight Lines!

~Big D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Darin:

We're catching them up the creek arms fishing from 8 to 16-feet deep in 12 to 24-feet of water on minnows and jigs around brushpiles and Bamboo Crappie Condos.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you stop in Jerry. Thanks for the report. Oologah is getting real close to the fall bite as well. Although the lake is up, and the bites been very slow, I have come across a couple of areas where I have found them in numbers. Usually in a cove, near the mouth, on the inside of the downstream point in 18' to 24' of water close to structure.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics! The frenzy has started here in sw mo. The crappie are so full of shad im surprised they are still trying to fit my jig in their mouth!

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry, what was the largest?
    Keep some for the pan, let the larger ones go back for another day!
    Tight Lines!

~Big D

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast