Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic update - T minus 20 hours and some change

Post Thanks / Like

Default Classic update - T minus 20 hours and some change

By popular demand, here's the report for the day:

Well, we got some rain again last night. The lake jumped .70 feet overnight on Wednesday, the largest single rise since all this rain started. Last night, the lake jumped another .56 and the level is now 215.44 ft.

Apparently, that hasn't dampened the spirits of anyone.....well, I'm sure it actually dampened the crap out of everything they own including their spirits. Let's just say it hasn't stopped them yet.

I'm sick and tired of the same angle pic of the main marina. I'm sure you know by now it's slap full. This one will give you an idea just how full. All slots are taken and they're using the little day use/beach are parking and either dropping their trailers or parking cross ways.

Didn't realize it, but there's more than one pontoon boat being used for the tournament. That'd have to be handicap if the wind blows.

Wannabe...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

All lined up by pole position.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

And they're off.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, no pics of Mr. Crappie this AM. I'm pretty sure he got word that I've been stalking him this week and apparently he got out early today. Would have snapped a pic of his trailer sitting there, but honestly, I think that'd be over the top. And I'm sure you'll agree.

So, I did a slow roll by of the center island of parking at the main Marina. Spotted tags from 15 states parked there. MO, SC, IN, GA, FL, IL, TX, MS, NC, KY, IO, AL, TN, AR, and OK. Amongst those, OK, TX and KY were about the most rare. Most popular seemed to be MO, GL and GA. MS wouldn't even make the top 10. Not because we're not represented, but most likely cause we know this lake like the back of our hands and are way too smart to park in plain site for some Wannabe spy to happen along and blab about what they're up too.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it looks like I was right. Them two boys trolled all 4 miles of those rocks and, yep, sho nuff, there twern't a fish to be found there.

Well, either that or they're sand bagging us.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Do they all think that is the only ramp?
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Mr. Crappie last nite at Lakeway getting tips from some knoe it all Park Ranger....like he knows where to fish....antways....I said "Hey Wally" and got this dumb look like e had horns growing outa my head......Guess the rumors are true.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey if you see Clint tell him you met ole red awhile back...Clint actually pulled dad over, someone had stole dad's plates off his truck...They had a good fish talk and he went to get new ones at the dmv....Is Scott with Clint or does he have a different partner.....Tell um I said good luck, and dont listen to your advise ....:rolleyes:..
    Just another Crappie day!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the boys and girls are getting a nice break on the wind this AM. Radar is clear at the moment, so maybe they'll get lucky and be able to dial things in on the last day. With as calm as it is right now, the lake is wide open and either suckering them to fish the exposed spots or just teasing them. Weather says flash flood warning until 1PM today - although radar is clear to the river at the moment. Tonight 50% chance of rain, Friday 50% chance with winds of 5-10 out of the North, Friday night the same, Saturday 40% with winds of NE 5 to 10.

Not exactly a crowd pleaser.

As I understand it, they'll have to be off the water today just after lunch for a mandatory banquet. Seems like I remember somebody saying the banquet starts at 3, but I may be wrong.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks For Your Time And Top Notch Reporting
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast