Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stake beds and GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stake beds and GPS

I think a lot of what helps, and I am sure it helps is where you put the stake beds, I know where we are putting the first 20 or so is a very productive area to begin with, now the first one I put in about 3 weeks ago has some pigs on it, but I use my cheap garmin e-trex to spot it, and this thing is a bit---- to find things with, to far away when it tells you arriving at destination, so a couple weeks ago I bought a new still in the unopen box a garmin legend with waas and gps and it gets me within 2' of my traget used it today and it is spot on the money..... so if you go to all the work to build and install beds, make sure you got a good gps unit...... other wise it is like finding a needle in a haystack out there on the open water.........:D I got the new garmin legend on e-bay for $95 including shipping.... they sell for $200-$250 at the stores........sure happy with mine.......:o
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Monty just do one thing make sure you get one of those SD cards, put it in your unit and save all your information to it. Remember what happened to me with my GPS unit when PW & I followed you from Sparrowfoot to Hwy U bridge? It went down and I wasn't saving the information to my SD card so I lost all my information. I finally got that unit back up and working and purchased another unit but now I save all information to the SD cards.

I even purchased the mapping program that is on the SD card in my GPS units for my computer. I found it at BP Outlet store for less than half price. Still playing with it to learn it. But now I have the same GPS maps that I have on my GPS units now on my computer.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey OSS give me those GPS numbers so I can check mine to see if it's working OK.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now you will have to write quick

got it.............:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bag house filter holders?

Looks like waht we have at work on our limestone silo's.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default they will work

looks like jig hang up city though........ got two or three places where I would like to see them.........:D be a bit might hard to walk though....... for them.....:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Buckwheat I don't think I would use them unless you like losing a bunch of jigs. Set one up and try it on land and see how easy you get hung up and then decide if you can fish them or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep....filter holders. I thought I could put 5 or 6 in concrete standing up. I hate to see em go to waste. I figured ya could jiggle loose when you got into em. I'd say you guys are right though.......probably more trouble than they are worth.
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Take them to the scrap yard and go buy some fish sticks with the cash. Lot less trouble. I would say you are right about jiggleing the hook loose they should come right off.

Post Thanks / Like

Hell, I get hung up and lose jigs inside the boat. I think standing up they wouldn't be too bad. Hook should come right off since it won't stick into the material. I say try em. I'll be glad to help you put them in.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.