Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dove huntig disaster

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Dove huntig disaster

Took dove hunting trip to south Texas private ranch 3 years in a row great hunting limited out every time saturday afternoon game warden came in gate to check hunters I was first smiled at officer and complied with all requests perfectly legal no problems or so I thought ended up every hunter on ranch and ranch owner got a citation the fields were baited according to game wardens interpetation rest assured if I or anyone in my group thought we were doing anything even remotely illegal we would not have been there we specificaly asked ranch owner if fields were legal all is legal replied ranch owner now I am charged with hunting baited fields what is a man to do I will be out lots of cash all for a few days of relaxation and a few birds Mad MAD MAD.
    Noslab
    P.S. should of stuck with crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I'd appeal it, especially if you paid to hunt. Hate to hear that.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that.. I would appeal it also, if it is a paid hunt, I would think they would hold the Host responsible.. I mean, heck if you gonna hunt a baited field, then you don't have to leave state and then pay someone for it.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Appeal it! Sure sounds like a set up. You know who ever turns you in recieves a reward. The reward adds up to some real money. It is a % of the fines.
    1967/68

Post Thanks / Like

Man that sux. Seems to me that if it is a paid hunt then only the land owner should have been ticketed. I would definitely appeal it, but I believe game laws are hunter-specific. I mean, if it can be proven that the individual hunter is hunting land on which it can be proven as baited, then each hunter gets a ticket. They are really sticky about it in Tennessee, so we gotta be damn careful to get up all the corn we put out for deer and doves exactly 10 days before season.

I know you muct feel sick about all of this. You sound like an ethical guy who would not have knowingly hunted over bait and I'm sorry you got in trouble over something that was not your fault.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

'baited field' one of the reasons i quit dove hunting 25 years ago, nearly every field i paid to hunt on had corn somewhere. Still would enjoy a good hunt but have no idea where to comfortably go.
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

A few friends and I were caught on a baited field several years ago but everyone was giving a warning except the landowner. He owned up to baiting the filed and stated that none of us knew. If someone knows it is baited then they should be ticketed. We had a great dove shoot this past Saturday on a sunflower field.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Update on dove hunting disaster

There are still people in this world with integrity Ranch owner has decided to pay all fines game warden charged all with 1 count of hunting baited field instead of charging 1 count for each bird all I really end up being out is the origional cost of the hunt and seized birds I am surprised and relieved.
    Noslab P.S. caught 15 crappie today and yes I used bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noslab View Post
    There are still people in this world with integrity Ranch owner has decided to pay all fines game warden charged all with 1 count of hunting baited field instead of charging 1 count for each bird all I really end up being out is the origional cost of the hunt and seized birds I am surprised and relieved.
    Noslab P.S. caught 15 crappie today and yes I used bait.
    That's good news.. I bet it was a big relief off of your shoulders.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

cheers for the ranch owner. a real person. sorry to hear stories like this.
    glad that all worked well. our goverment keeps taking more rights away every
    day.when i was a boy in the 50s i don't think they had stuped rules like that.
    they never had a rule that you had to pay more to fish with more than one pole. here in california , most lakes you are not allowed to use live minners.
    most lakes don't allow you to fish at night.
    some one with real knoledge of laws should make a list of all the rights of the citizens; that our appointed rulers, which we pay, have taken away. i hate to see what it will be like for our children. republican or democrat, they all are crooked and suck. blood suckers
    one mans opnion:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast