Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night time Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night time Crappie

I am interested in fishing at night and want some input from the fellows on here that have figured it out. What lights do you use ( submerged or floating). any tips and pictures you guys have would be very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish the bridge piers with a under water light.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Use the search opptoin!
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

I Fly Low
    I do a fair amount of nightstalking on Wilson and Guntersville. I use Standard white floating floods and clamp on 75 watters to light my cork or rod tips. Have 2 extra deep cycles ( besides starting and TM batteries). Can run 2 lights off each for 10hrs+. Start out near structure, bridge pilings, where creek channels meet main river channel, ect. Be all set up before it gets black( much easier setting up in daylight. Need 2 good anchors to keep boat still. ( if near bridge pilings and it is SAFE I tie off to bridge. ) Be patient, its not unusual for the bite to be slow or non existent for the first couple hours and then pick up. Some guys move if things are too slow too long. Im not a big fan of stumbling around in the dark. I like to be in 15+ feet of water also. Good luck and be very careful night fishing.( much easier to stumble, trip ect and no one will see you if you have problems, best to have partner and always wear floatation.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to crappie.com Lots of good info about night stalking on this board. Hope you have good luck on your night fishing.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

west ky says hey ya'll....
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Northern OH!!!

I fish alot at night having 2 young kidos... when they hit the bed, I hit the lake. :D I fish from shore 90% of the time and don't use any light except for my head lamp and light sticks on bobbers. If you can find the fish, a submersible or floating light just doesn't matter in my oppinion. I have gotten some info from friends on jigs to use at night, was out tonight, caught way more than I usually do with my standard tandem minnow rig under a slip bobber! Next time i'm out, better believe i'm gonna be trying some new tricks.

I would love to also here oppinions on artifical baits anyone uses at night. Always want to learn more!!! - AF

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glow jig bodies and heads worked well for me in past salt water pursuits. Might want to look up some glow powder or paint and do your own jig heads. Almost non-existent in my local stores. Good luck and tight lines......
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around