Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance customer service

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance customer service

SUCKS!! After all of the ranting and raving I did on how much better I like Lowrance than HB it has bit me in the rear and I am man enough to eat crow. Had my second LMS480 go bad this weekend. The first one bit the dust a year and a half ago, after having it for a year and a half, and called to have a repair done. Cost me $120 to get it there and for the service charge. No issues other than me being to hard on myself for letting this thing get messed up. Didn't know if there was something I had done wrong, but it was done and I paid for it. Wasn't going to let the new one ever get wet and took it out of the boat after every use and never got it wet. This weekend it did get a little wet, but hey it rained it's supposed to be waterproof. Well, just a year and a half later, the second one has gone out. Fished with it all day Saturday with no problems. Sunday morning, nothing!! Called Lowrance this morning and spoke to Steve in cs. Told him the story about this being the second unit and he told me that the price of the repairs have gone up on this unit to $220 now. Heck, I only paid $400 for the unit new. Why would I spend $220 to fix something that is 3 years old and outdated? I explained of how I felt this was a problem that had to be coming from defective units and he said he would speak with the supervisor to see if they could lower the cost. Came back to the phone 5 minutes later to tell me he declined to lower the fees because the unit was so far out of warranty. Hey, I can bite the bullet on the first case, but for the second to go bad after another year and a half tells me there is something wrong with the units manufacturing. They say that their units are manufactured with IPX-7 waterproofing standards. I say, whats the point of having these standards if it leaks water. However, they lost a loyal customer today and hope that you guys and gals don't make the same mistake I have with this hopeless company. I will be going to HB for my replacement. Sorry, I debated you guys on your dis-satisfaction with them in the past. I just didn't know the error of my ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeepster04,

Before giving up on Lowrance, call Linda Colt at Lowrance and carefully and politely explain your situation. She is a super customer service rep. and I bet she can help you solve your issue with your Lowrance unit and keep you as a loyal customer.

Linda Colt
    Customer Service Department

12000 East Skelly Drive

Tulsa, Ok 74128

1-800-324-1356 #8747

Gman.
    Last edited by Gamblinman; 09-21-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

Called for her today and it seems she is on vacation. My question is how can she get can get things done, but no one else can? I have read a lot about her, but unfortunately she wasn't available. Thanks for the heads up though.

Post Thanks / Like

Linda has helped me out, but that's still no excuse for the rest of Lowrance's poor service.

Post Thanks / Like

If there customer service department is like most call centers, there is a format each and every rep must follow. Being that you are still not satisfied call them back. You will/should be directed to round two, the first half will be a repeat of your last call, however once your passed that stage, tell them your are still not satisfied and would like to take this to the next level. Speak to the supervisor, if you still dont get satisfaction, take it to the next level, speak to the floor/shift supervisor, thier supervisor/manager.

Ask if they are ISO Certified?
    If they say yes then tell them you want to file a formal complaint. This complaint will make it to the board room, and you will get a response, it may take some time, but you should get a reply, ask for a time frame.

If you get the same retoric as round one, then I would agree that they dont value their customers.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I figured it would change when they got bought out. The few times I have called since then I have not been very happy with the changes. I hoped that it wouldn't make any difference, but when ownership changes there is always changes and not always good.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!