Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for handheld GPS!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suggestions for handheld GPS!

I am looking for a handheld GPS I can use during the winter to mark structures when riding my 4 wheeler and was wondering what would be a good one for the money around $100-$150? Any suggestions?
    "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

Garmins are good, but for a bit more $, you could go color and get the ability to upload maps. Not sure if that's possible with the one in your link.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I have this one Amazon.com: Garmin GPS 76 Handheld GPS Navigator: Electronics as well as this one Amazon.com: Garmin GPS 76CSX Handheld GPS with Barometric Altimeter and Electronic Compass: Electronics and find myself looking at the B/W unit more than the color unit. These 2 are said to float tho I haven't tried that. The GPS 76 is fine for marking waypoints and returning later. The mapping unit shows one of my best sports up on dry land, thats with the base map that came with it. I have both mounted on a board that I can move around in the boat, keep the 76 on pointer page and the other on the map page. Sorry on review this is the color unit I have not the 76CSX. http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-GPS-76C...566322&sr=8-19
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 76CSX. Good as they come....well, haven't tried the new touch screens yet.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default You have a handheld as well?

Dude, do you have no sense of direction or what? 3 GPS's on your boat and if you have 1 handheld, means you have ATLEAST 2 and most likely 3. What you got waypoints to the broom closet, dishwasher and toilets stored in there?
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

I just spit coke on the screen. He has 5 fishfinders, or are those dirty clothes finders? So I know he has 3 or 4 GPS units.
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have 4 hard wired to the boat and the handheld, but only 3 of the hardwired are GPS capable, so that's 4 GPSs running at all times. Quite a chore to keep the waypoints and tracks all lined up on the PC.

I'm thinking about chunking the 797 and Garmin at the console and going with and HDS 8 and Side imaging, then maybe a networked 5 at the bow. Still gonna keep the Lowrance X102C at the bow though so I can go full 5" of FF and a matching 5" of GPS right beside it.

Just haven't figured out how to rook Is out of the money yet.

Cane Pole ain't got nothing on me.....well, cept for the laptop and the know how that is.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have a one word question for ya on all that

WHY? Thats the question. DO you catch more fish with all that? Serious qeustion WB. I know it's kewl to have a GPS and fish finder but ther comes a point when, well, nevermind
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Surely you dont expect an intelligent answer from him , now do you DD?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast