Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie cubes

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie cubes

Ever have a day when the crappie bite was light and your bobber moved a lot but you just couldn't set the hook? Well....try crappie cubes...no not crappie nibbles dadgummit...crappie cubes. If you can catch a crappie...then fillet it and leave the skin on. Then cut your fillet into cubes about the size of your little finger nail. Tip your jigs with these by sticking the hook through the skin. Been many a poor fishing day saved by this method. It will turn light biters into hard hitters.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-3 Fisherman View Post
    Ever have a day when the crappie bite was light and your bobber moved a lot but you just couldn't set the hook? Well....try crappie cubes...no not crappie nibbles dadgummit...crappie cubes. If you can catch a crappie...then fillet it and leave the skin on. Then cut your fillet into cubes about the size of your little finger nail. Tip your jigs with these by sticking the hook through the skin. Been many a poor fishing day saved by this method. It will turn light biters into hard hitters.
    Better not try in Arkansas. It is illegal to use game fish or their parts for bait.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes...it would be a good idea to check the laws in your state before doing this. All states have different laws so yep...you need to check them out.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Works well on the sauger too....I cut into strips about the size of a bass minnow...

Post Thanks / Like

Ken Jones showed me that one. And it works, too. Not illegal in the Northwest, crappie are a non-game fish and they do make excellent cut bait, for catfish, yellow perch, and now crappie. Thanks for the tip.