PDA

View Full Version : Truman 9/20

olesilverside
09-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Well the day started out putting out stakes for stake beds and things went pretty good, (lot of work) driving them in, then Ed drops the driver in the lake in 10'fow, you dropped it, guess who gets to go down and get it, well with Ed getting in Truman the lake level raised 2' but then his big butt soaks up enough to drop the lake level 2' and 6" so we ended up with a net loss of 6" on Truman.. got stakes put in and fished some and had probably 15 big ole toads........ had to have been cool on Ed running across the lake with his wet suit on........:D:D I almost felt sorry for him (I said almost)..:D going to change our sytle of putting stakes in...... driving is a pain...... water 10' or more is really rough..... oh by the way where we caught them yesterday, none there today...... didn't think they would hang around long.........:mad:

SMILES
09-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Monty , your a work horse. Poor Ed

Just Jiggin
09-20-2009, 04:59 PM
No wonder I couldnt get on any fish today with the rise & fall of the lake in just a short period of time.:eek: I took my brother inlaw today (Sue"s brother). Sure was a lot of fun fishing with him.:) First time we've fished together.:D Maybe if Sue had been with us we could have caught more than 4 keepers. Bucksaw to Otter slow bite for us. I must say he's a great sport because he was a drumer boy today.:eek:
Thanks for the info OSS NOT!:eek::mad:

WantinCrappie
09-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Sounds like a productive day to me. :)

BarryG
09-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Look at this Monty!

YouTube - Crappie Fishing - How to make a crappie stake bed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqU5JTkbOTo)

olesilverside
09-20-2009, 06:47 PM
putting ours in for us, I have watched that one before, a heck of lot harder than it looks, especialy if you have a hard bottom...... and we had a hard bottom........ :D

Krazy
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM
putting ours in for us, I have watched that one before, a heck of lot harder than it looks, especialy if you have a hard bottom...... and we had a hard bottom........ :D

Seems to me Ed should have soaked his bottom before you started drivin stakes.....better chance of havin a "soft bottom" then. :D

WantinCrappie
09-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Who's boat did you guys borrow so nobody would know who you were out on the water. :)

olesilverside
09-20-2009, 07:54 PM
U-Haul boat the OATS boat was busy hauling old die hards around......

Buckwheat 1
09-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Lot of hard work. I bet you wake up sore in the morning! It will be worth it though:)

sliles
09-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Glad to see that you broke Ed in, did he get baptised this morning.

Pole Bender
09-21-2009, 08:55 AM
I have never tried to drive any stakes, not sure you could at Stockton if the bottom is anything like my yard you can only dig 1/2 inch before you hit rock. Do you think they will stay put? I would like to have seen you and Ed in action I bet it would have been good for a laugh.

olesilverside
09-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Front page stuff anyday...... I got a photo of Ed when he come up and I now call it my new EE Model 300 Fish Finder...... gotta give him credit he went down one time and came up with the driver, water was 72 degrees on top, I bet his you know what was a puckering........ here is our new model build them like this and drop one cement block down over the two stakes in the middle and drop in....... quick and easy...... these are made of all oak......:D

Buckwheat 1
09-21-2009, 09:51 AM
I like that setup!!! lot less stress on the bones.

Just Jiggin
09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Looks good to me. Sure looks pretty simple to put in. Gotta be better than driveing them in.:D

olesilverside
09-21-2009, 10:17 AM
I see is the time factor and work, and getting spotted doing it, I like something like my procupines they were quick and gone, like these puppies just drop about 4 a trip in less than 5 min. and go fishing....... and of course mark my gps......:D:D

Krazy
09-21-2009, 11:22 AM
You would think one of yer good friends could find you a better creeper than the one you got leanin against the wall.:)

olesilverside
09-21-2009, 11:27 AM
off set my interior desinning that I have done......... but when you drive something besides a Ford you need a creeper to work on them all the time.......:D:D

Krazy
09-21-2009, 12:14 PM
off set my interior desinning that I have done......... but when you drive something besides a Ford you need a creeper to work on them all the time.......:D:D

You make a good point.....I could use it when working on my oldest daughter's car which was made by our friends at Gubernment Motors.:p

My old Ford just needs an oil change now and again....but FOMOCO says if I change it....that voids the warranty. So I never get under it.:D

jackb
09-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Krazy, that is not true. If you use Motorcraft oil and filters and keep your receipts for same you are good.

Krazy
09-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Krazy, that is not true. If you use Motorcraft oil and filters and keep your receipts for same you are good.

Them jokers made me sign a document that declared that if I changed the oil in my powerstroke it would void the warranty. Maybe that was their way of gettin their customers to come back and pay $75 for an oil change.:mad:

Just looked thru my truck papers....dont see a copy of that document.

And in the spirit of not TOTALLY hi-jacking OSS thread here.......Them are some nice lookin condos Monty!:)

jackb
09-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Them jokers made me sign a document that declared that if I changed the oil in my powerstroke it would void the warranty. Maybe that was their way of gettin their customers to come back and pay $75 for an oil change.:mad:

Just looked thru my truck papers....dont see a copy of that document.

And in the spirit of not TOTALLY hi-jacking OSS thread here.......Them are some nice lookin condos Monty!:)

Krazy, I run a Ford service dept. and I NEVER heard of such a thing. Now if you have a major engine issue, have not used motorcraft oil and filters and they have to send an inspector out, they can void the warranty, but ONLY if there are non-Ford fluids/filters used on the vehicle. Now on another subject, if you are paying $75 dollars for a diesel oil change, I would question what THEY are using, since parts cost me more than that...:eek: Just my 02 worth. And yes Monty those look great!

Krazy
09-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Just looked at the invoice for my April 16th 2009.....it wasn't $75 for an oil change.....it was $75.96.:eek:

Check you PMs Jack.

Monty....I really do like the condos.

sliles
09-22-2009, 09:17 AM
Monty has Ed dryed out yet. New nickname scubba ED