Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Quantum Rod Review

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quantum Rod Review

I picked up 2 Quantum Bill Dance Crappie Rods this spring @ BPS. I caught them on sale for $14.99 for the 12-foot. Both are on my boat and used almost every time out. One I use for jigging around trees/cover/stumps and the other with a balanced slip bobber. I like the flexibility of the soft rod tip. I set the hook on crappie, simular to LM Trash fishing, and the rod acts as a shock absorber. I've always heard crappie refered to as paper mouth. The roof of there mouth is tuff as nails. With a swift hook set, the hook embeds in the top of thier mouth almost every time and the results is no fish coming off at the boat. The rod is orange in color and resemble the expensive Carrot Rods. It is 2 piece rod with Tennesee style handle, so it stores easy. Its not the most sensitive rod, but Mr. Crappie line shows the slightest twitch. For a VALUE priced rod, it has worked great all season.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good....I may have to try one...I am always looking for a excuse to get another rod.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched his show on VS sunday and he was fishing for crappie with one of them. Looked like a decent rod.

Fatman