Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Yikes! Ivan rain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yikes! Ivan rain

Just checked the lake conditions for Cowenesque Lake in Tioga county. Normal pool level 1080, it's now at 1095.5. I imagine the camp spot I had a couple weeks ago is under water. The Susquehanna river near me is 5 feet above flood stage and they are calling for possibly 1.5 more inches of rain. It's been raining for over 24 hours now. I'm glad I live at the top of the mountain!

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    Just checked the lake conditions for Cowenesque Lake in Tioga county. Normal pool level 1080, it's now at 1095.5. I imagine the camp spot I had a couple weeks ago is under water. The Susquehanna river near me is 5 feet above flood stage and they are calling for possibly 1.5 more inches of rain. It's been raining for over 24 hours now. I'm glad I live at the top of the mountain!

Shellback, I can tell you that over here in the western part of the state we got hammered. My kids had to stay at the baby sitters house because all access to them was either flooded or a land slide blocked them. Wife had to stay at her grandmothers for the same reasons. I managed to come home a backway but, there is no power!!! I am running the laptop on battery. I know down in pittsburgh they got it bad. It took me over 3hours to get home from work last night from there.
    I hate this rain!!!!!!!! I hope everyone out there is safe. Bob G
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ivan

Yea, we lost power for about 4 hours, that's all. I'm at the top of the mountain around 1700 feet, so no flooding affected us. My favorite crappie lake, Tioga Lake is 29 feet above normal pool! Cowanesque is almost 20 feet over, I imagine the campspot I was on 2 weeks ago is underwater for sure!