Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern Missouri Deer Hunt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Northern Missouri Deer Hunt

I have two spots available for a deer hunt in Northern Missouri. This is a bowhunt and will be November 2-6 (5 days). It includes the house to stay in, evening meals, property and property maps. It is basically a self guided hunt but there will be stands placed already or you canset your own. The cost is $1000 (this is a discounted rate). License cost is $225 and you can shoot 1 buck, 1 doe, and 2 turkeys. Please give me a call if you are interested (256-616-9934). This is on a first come basis. The hunt will be with B&T Outfitters (B & T Outfitters).
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any 250 class bucks up there?

Post Thanks / Like

I have not seen one....
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

250 class bucks?? since I do live in No Mo I can tell you this, our part of the state is entering its fifth year for the point restriction( that is a legal buck must have atleast four points on one side) when the MDC first introduced this I along with many others was not pleased,,BUT,,,, I am now a firm believer in this program. No I personally have not seen a 250 class buck but I have seen a BIIIGGG difference in the quality of our bucks and I have seen some pretty awsome bucks,,,,not behind a tall fence either!! you want a 250 inch buck then do what those folks on the huntin shows do and go to a deer farm,,to me that aint huntin but whatever pleases their sponsors i guess!

On a good piece of property during the peak of the rut,,which in our state firearms season happens at that time,,,sit your a$$ in a good stand location or ground blind and be patient and YES you have a very good chance to take a buck of a lifetime in this part of the country,,even on public land I have seen some bruisers!!

If I was looking for a deer hunt in This part of the country I would deffenitely NOT overlook a chance to hunt North Missouri,,take a map and circle North Missouri, Southern Iowa and Western Illinois I believe the next world record will come from that section of the country
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw View Post
    250 class bucks?? since I do live in No Mo I can tell you this, our part of the state is entering its fifth year for the point restriction( that is a legal buck must have atleast four points on one side) when the MDC first introduced this I along with many others was not pleased,,BUT,,,, I am now a firm believer in this program. No I personally have not seen a 250 class buck but I have seen a BIIIGGG difference in the quality of our bucks and I have seen some pretty awsome bucks,,,,not behind a tall fence either!! you want a 250 inch buck then do what those folks on the huntin shows do and go to a deer farm,,to me that aint huntin but whatever pleases their sponsors i guess!

On a good piece of property during the peak of the rut,,which in our state firearms season happens at that time,,,sit your a$$ in a good stand location or ground blind and be patient and YES you have a very good chance to take a buck of a lifetime in this part of the country,,even on public land I have seen some bruisers!!

If I was looking for a deer hunt in This part of the country I would deffenitely NOT overlook a chance to hunt North Missouri,,take a map and circle North Missouri, Southern Iowa and Western Illinois I believe the next world record will come from that section of the country

Yeah, we saw several good bucks last year (130-160) but to get a 250" deer it will probably have a tag in its ear. We hunt real close to the Iowa line, northeast of Kirksville.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

yeah thats a good area, and your right on the money about the 250 class with a tag in its ear, I live and hunt harrison county . people watch too much tv, i`d say bout 95 % of those shows are filmed hunts on deer and game ranches, you can tell this because when you see `em hunting in missouri and NOT wearing hunter orange thats a sure sign, and when they are huntin with a rifle and the grass is still green and the trees still have green leaves and the hunter and guide arent dressed for the cold a$$ missouri weather during deer season c`mon I`ve been deer hunting here for almost thirty years and I dont ever remember the weather being that warm and summer like:D

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know anything about hunting in Missouri but you can pretty much tell which are canned hunts on TV. Interesting to watch if done right, but still not fair chase for alot of 'em. And even if they are, it takes the Rich and Famous to be able to afford their baited ranches.:rolleyes:
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I hunt in Mercer county, just east of Princeton and its a jewel of a state. Have hunted Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa. Never pay an outfitter, usually find state land or a farmer that could use a little cash. Love to tent hunt. Ive hunted Miizzou the first week of Nov when the weather felt like Jan in Montana. I Love It!

Post Thanks / Like

Mercer County! your not far away from me at all, in fact next county over. I at one time lived in Princeton and hunted Lake Paho conservation area several times, took some really good bucks of that place.

like I said even the public land in Missouri offers some really good hunting with good chances of taking a once in a lifetime buck

Another month and a half till rifle season!!!!:D and fall is in the air! leaves are changing colors and falling, its 59 degrees and still cloudy from the early morning thunderstorm, farmers are starting to harvest beans and corn,ahhhh life is good

Post Thanks / Like

hey johnnylaw you still up at trimble , havn't stop yet going to stop if I come through and say hi. Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast