Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Don't under estimate small lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't under estimate small lakes

Longview lake is a county lake that can produce large crappie if you do your home work. I believe if you put structure out fish will come. Not much preasure on small lakes. Also it has nice walleye in it. If you look up the lake on the internet, it will give you gps for crappie beds. Here's proof there's big fish in there. 15 inch crappie.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

here's the link you are talking about. http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Documents/17843.pdf

Also, these crappie beds are all in area's with high boat traffic most of the year. The deep ones may hold fish in winter. a guy shouldn't have to fish these brush piles with all the structure in the lake.

Also, I have put out some structure and stake beds on this lake, they don't seem to produce any better then the other 1,000,000 items already in the lake.

Nice fish though. Had a similar fish to that today.

Post Thanks / Like

mduncan62 are you catching more than one bg fish a day? seems like their pretty spread out. would like to concentrate more on the south end, but it gets pretty shallow.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends. I have had days where I've caught several big ones for dinner. I have fished the lake enough that when I find a certain pattern I can usually hit several spots of the same type and normally find that they all contain good fish. Not every time though. But always south end. I ran up to the north end for a minute today, and the water was way to clear for my taste.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information!