Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: NY Fall Crappie Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default NY Fall Crappie Fishing

So far we have been doing very well with the Crappies on are lake. Just off the weeds using tubes, BPS crappie beaver tails etc. You cant find a fish in the day time for nothing... the lake is like a big bowl with the deepest part 20ft. Alot of rock on one side and weeds on the ends. Around dinnertime is when we do or best near the weeds. The lake has gotten pretty murky and so I'm wondering if that has anything to not doing as well. Also this being my real year of targeting just craps where do I look for them in the fall as the water gets colder. Any help appreciated...EddieRod

Post Thanks / Like

As the water gets colder as fall of the year they tend to come in shallow and feed heavy,as it progresses to winter they go deeper .At least that's how it works down here.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

EddieRod -

Here are my thoughts on why you aren't doing so well during the day.

Crappie typically are more scattered during the fall. They will still move in close to shoreline structure and shallow waters. Your typical weeds, rocks, ledges, etc.

The most productive time during the fall has always been (for me) around dinner time. They tend to feed more aggressively during the late evening to
    early morning hours.

If it's legal in your area, consider using a light source to draw them in.

But during in the day this time of year, it's usually more hit or miss.

Jayson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaysonelmhurst View Post
    EddieRod -

Here are my thoughts on why you aren't doing so well during the day.

Crappie typically are more scattered during the fall. They will still move in close to shoreline structure and shallow waters. Your typical weeds, rocks, ledges, etc.

The most productive time during the fall has always been (for me) around dinner time. They tend to feed more aggressively during the late evening to
    early morning hours.

If it's legal in your area, consider using a light source to draw them in.

But during in the day this time of year, it's usually more hit or miss.

Jayson
    Thanks guys, I only have a couple of weeks left on the lake before we close the trailer for the fall/winter. I have looked at the lites has anyone have one better than another? Where the rock is the sun hits it in the evening so will the fish be more likely to be hanging out there?? If I can't get up there again in Oct. Its a long wait till May around here. Deer season is around the corner and Perch and Walleyes... Ice Fishing!! My favorite season yet..EddieRod