Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman 9-12-09

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Truman 9-12-09

What a beautiful day to be out on the water. Sam and I couldn’t convince out wives to go to the couple tournament so we headed up by ourselves. Actually my wife had company in town so Sam said he would just fish with me. Thanks buddy. Got to Truman and got to sit around for a while and chat with a lot of the CDC members. OSS shows up and lets us go in his boat. We went up and fished the bridge area. Most fish caught in 5 to 10 foot of water on the usual blue and white. For those of you who have not fished with Monty, the back of the boat is not the best place to be. If for some odd chance he passes one up on a tree and there are three in the boat…………………………..well the second guy will most likely get it. As for the guy in the very back of the boat pickings are pretty slim. OSS put it on us today. Bite was pretty darn good prior to 9 a.m. and then after that things slowed WAY down. I guess you could say we were the CDC couples welcome boat as they all flew by us where we were fishing. We ended up with 23 pretty nice ones. Congrats to Ed and daughter on the CDC Couples Tournament. Even though we didn’t get to fish it, Thanks to Gary and Sue for putting it on. And a big Thanks to Bucksaw and Richard for the prize that went to last place. I think everybody had a great time.
    Sooooooooo Monty needed some wood and I thought I could come through on it for him. Here’s a couple of pictures of it. Anybody have any idea’s what he could use all this for?
    Anybody have any idea what Monty is trying to tell us in this other picture?
    Thanks for another great day.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Good job on the day sounds like a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys had a good time, looks like OSS is going to be busy for awhile with all that wood. I think I will try a blue/white tomorrow on Stockton and see if I can produce the same results. It should go good with one of Buzzy's orange jig heads.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a lot of bird houses will be for sale next spring Sure glad hes got all that instead of me. I'm sure some of it will find its way to the bottom of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Monty could build an ark.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good day

The only way to get Monty off the front is you have to take some nibbles, put them in a circle around his coffee mug at the back of the boat. When he goes to get a drink you hit him in the head with a dough ball:D Or take away his Blue/ White skirts.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Smile wood

wont let him weld anymore so now he is pouring concrete what a pile

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Condo's .....
    Enough there for a Crappie 'Taj Mahal'.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys had a good time! Looks like Monty has his work cut out for him. Chris I waited all day for that beer, almost got dehydrated.....finally had to start drinkin' my own
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat 1 View Post
    Glad you guys had a good time! Looks like Monty has his work cut out for him. Chris I waited all day for that beer, almost got dehydrated.....finally had to start drinkin' my own
    I was watching for you my friend. We just never made it up that far, actually we didn't even come close to getting up that far, figured we better stay where we had found fish. Next time buddy. :D
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast