PDA

View Full Version : Couples Tournament

Just Jiggin
09-12-2009, 07:15 PM
We had pretty good turnout for the 1st annual CDC Couples Tournament - total of 11 boats and weighed in 62 fish with total weight of 56 lbs.
weighing 7 fish:
1st place - Ed and daughter Emilee with 8.81 lbs
2nd place - Kevin Rogers and Caitilin Young with 8.11 lbs - Kevin also had big fish at 1.66 lbs
3rd place - Sue and Gary Scott with 7.33 lbs
Other couples who fished - in the order that they placed:

Ryan Burnworth and Robin Martin - Camocatcher
Bob & Sandi Williams - bwillaub
Mike & Cheryl Galate - Fisheyes
Steve & Penny Altis - Kasualobserver
Robert & Janice Lansford - non members from Illinois
Mark & Carrie Schaufler - MarknKC
John & Eug Harris - KC Slabs
Jared & Tammy Fosnow - Jiggin 15

We had a great time and hope to do it again next year.

We want to thank the sponsors who donated prizes:
Bucksaw Marina - which donated hats and a guide trip to the couple weighing in the least amount of fish - KC Slabs
Everharts - donated t-shirts
The C Store - donated t-shirts, jiggs and towel

We also want to thank our "special" guest weigh master - OSS himself!!

Congratulations to all who completed - you are all winners!!
1st pic - Bob & Sandi, 2nd pic - Kevin & Caitilin, 3rd pic - Mark & Carrie - last pic Big E and family and to the right Penny Altis (sorry Steve - we didn't get you in the picture)

olesilverside
09-12-2009, 07:47 PM
I am sure everyone had a great time, I know I did, I think you could pick up a few more boats if you done it again next year. Always nice to meet some new members...I will send you a weighing bill later JJ you will have to mortage that Champion to pay me......:D

Pole Bender
09-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Great turn out and sounds like everyone had a great time! Congrat's ED & Emilee on the win!

headbanginhillbilly
09-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Looks like a good time was had by all!

shockley32
09-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Congrats to everybody! Wish I could have been there, hope to get boat back in a week or two and I'll give the crappie a run for their money.

Ed - Good looking hat!!!

Brad

gonefishingee
09-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks for putting it on Gary. We had a good time.

wildhunter066
09-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Congrats to evryone!

WantinCrappie
09-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Congrats everybody. Even if we didn't get to fish it, we had a nice time visiting with everybody.

Just Jiggin
09-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks for putting it on Gary. We had a good time.

Your welcome Ed. Really glad to see you & daughter win.:D

bwillaub
09-12-2009, 09:50 PM
We had a great time today. I can't think of a team I would rather have won it except Sandi and I of course. Thanks Sue and Gary for all your work in organizing this. Look forward to doing it again in the future.

kazualobzerver
09-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks Sue and Gary for your work, you did a nice job of running the deal. Hats off and a big bow to Bucksaw Marina for the donations and the complimentary guide trip they awarded, that's a great gesture.

SMILES
09-12-2009, 10:53 PM
congratz to all that fished. Sorry we couldn't make it.

got crappie
09-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Sounds like it was a nice day, good job everyone. Dave

Buckwheat 1
09-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Congrats to Ed And Emilee! Looks like a good time was had by all:)

beagle man
09-13-2009, 02:48 PM
glad y'all had a good time, congrats to the winners, and the loosers alike.

CAMOCATCHER
09-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks for putting this on me and Robin had a great time she caught her biggest crappie ever a 1.49# but not to mention she had never caught a crappie before sat. Thanks looking forward to the next one she is hooked now

MarknKC
09-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks Gary and Sue for pulling this all together, Carre and I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. Also thanks for the advise, I used it and kept 11 nice ones this morning, not a limit but an improvement. Also thanks to Bob for his fish...we released some to the grease that night and they were great!

rangerman93
09-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Looks like a great time. Im gona try talk my better half n2 the next one.

Just Jiggin
09-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for putting this on me and Robin had a great time she caught her biggest crappie ever a 1.49# but not to mention she had never caught a crappie before sat. Thanks looking forward to the next one she is hooked now

Camocatcher This is what it was all about geeting the better half's hooked on fishing it looks like you did good with Robin. Will be looking for ya at Truman.

DRD
09-13-2009, 10:10 PM
congrats to all, looks like you all had a great time. I wish I could have made it. BTW what were the screen names of the top 3. I hope to make it next time if you all have it again.

Speck
09-14-2009, 04:56 AM
Looks like you all had a great time!

jackb
09-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Congrats to all! Looks like everyone had a great time. Wish I could have been there, but that work thing...

kcslabs
09-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks Gary for putting the tournment together. The wife and myself and a good time even though we did not do very well. Glad we got to have lunch with you and Sue. I think that my wife talking to Sue might get her out fishing more. Any way we kind of feel that we won the darn thing with the guide trip. Thanks again

bwillaub
09-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Thanks Gary for putting the tournment together. The wife and myself and a good time even though we did not do very well. Glad we got to have lunch with you and Sue. I think that my wife talking to Sue might get her out fishing more. Any way we kind of feel that we won the darn thing with the guide trip. Thanks again

Congrats on the guide trip. Richard will show you a few things about that part of Truman. Be sure to ask him plenty of questions about other times of the year too. He is absolutely the BEST guide on Truman Lake. He's also a super nice guy. That's a rare combination.