Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Report from Cane Pole

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Report from Cane Pole

Big Sandy, West Sandy area. Fishing was slow last Sat. Caught 14 nice fish in 9 to 12 feet using jigs tipped with minnows. Fished drop offs and brushpiles. Fish were 12 to 13 inch in size.

Did some exploring (mapping) using gps and laptop. See attachments. Wife watched laptop as I navigated.

Will be heading out to try my luck again this afternoon. Expect to find fish in shallow water this weekend due to temp changes. Will keep u posted.

Havent been visiting board here lately, as this is the end of the school quarter. You know...Test time. Takes a lot of personal time...I guess I am making excuses.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cane Pole are you a teacher?

My dad was a teacher. Other than teaching he loved to fish which is how I got started. We always went down to KY during teacher's Convention. He would skip the meetings and we would head to KY Lake. LOL I can't remember if that was in the fall or spring. I belive it was in Sept or Oct for the school corp here where I live.

I need to get back down to Big Sandy and do some more fishing.

I wish that Pat Hahs would map Cypress Bay and the mouth of that Bay where the TN rivers runs real close by. Then I would like to see all the commercial trout lines removed from that area so that I can troll though it with my spoon plugs. LOL.

I know a few spots where the KY Bass hang out in that bay's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Big Sandy, West Sandy area. Fishing was slow last Sat. Caught 14 nice fish in 9 to 12 feet using jigs tipped with minnows. Fished drop offs and brushpiles. Fish were 12 to 13 inch in size.

Did some exploring (mapping) using gps and laptop. See attachments. Wife watched laptop as I navigated.

Will be heading out to try my luck again this afternoon. Expect to find fish in shallow water this weekend due to temp changes. Will keep u posted.

Havent been visiting board here lately, as this is the end of the school quarter. You know...Test time. Takes a lot of personal time...I guess I am making excuses.
    Regards,

Moose1am