Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Yesterday's Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yesterday's Trip

I went yesterday even though the wind was howling out of the NNE, with temperatures in the high 50's to low 60's. Fished about two hours with nothing to show but a wet butt from the rain shower. All of a sudden about 5pm the wind laid and the lake looked like dishpan water it was so smooth. In the next thirty minutes, I caught 12 nice fish from 12" to 15" in length off of one old stump on a drop. Things change fast. I had fished this stump when I first got there without a nibble. Go figure. Today is my fiftieth birthday, and tonight I will have fried Crappie and chocolate cake, not necessarily in that order. Met two older fellows (about my age) at the ramp that had experienced the same fishbiting turnon I did. They asked where I caught the fish at, to which I responded, "Over Yonder". When I asked them the same question they answered with a resounding, "IN THE LIP". lol. My kind of guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Congrats....

..on the fish...and the 50th b-day.......hit the big 5---0..oooo last dec...offical "old fart" now.....can't wait to be offical "dirty old man"... :D
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

Karl - At what age do you become a dirty old man. I am 69 - is that close enough. I had an 85 year old man tell me one time that he could get by with a lot because all the younger women thought he was just senile.
    Ken

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Love this

Lots of folks think me banjo strings broke, (even some here). haha..Well, after 50 you start to mellow out, after 60, your clock starts winding down and you can't find the keys to your John Deere, after 70, well I don't know. I ain't there yet. I working on it though. Ask Ray or Frank..

Young girl at school called me a nice older guy. Honey, on the other hand, calls me a old ash hole.....haha

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I fished all my regular spots yesterday. I normally catch 40-50 fish at these places. Yesterdays catch, 1- 4" Crappie, 2 Drum, 1 Miss White. I did all the same things I did Saturday, deep, shallow, standing timber, points, brush, humps, and couldn't do squat. The shad are still so thick, the water looks like dark gray clouds, moving through the water. I think the fish are too full to eat another bite. Sure dunno, that's fer sure.

My kids all call me old at 48, so I guess I qualify for "Dirty Ol Man" status.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to start at 103 but now I going to start a little earlier. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Happy 50th MOTT. I had the same problem yesterday with the wind. Oh and by the way, the dirty old man thing: just means you got fish guts on your britches while you was a cleaning um. LOL
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wet butt or not, sounds like a great way to spend the day. Happy Birthday to ya! There are no dirty old men, just other people with dirty minds!!
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Not sure....

Quote Originally Posted by crappieken
    Karl - At what age do you become a dirty old man. I am 69 - is that close enough. I had an 85 year old man tell me one time that he could get by with a lot because all the younger women thought he was just senile.

..on age requirement, would think you qualify if you wanted to.....the part about women thinking your senile is what I'm talking about..hahaha :D ...I think I might get in early, already got my nieces telling me----" you ain't right" :D
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........