Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ground Blinds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ground Blinds

Any of you guys hunt out of ground blinds? If so, which one? Also, please add what you like and dislike about your blind.

I am looking to get one this year because I am hunting some new land that does not have as many trees as I am used to, so I will be bow hunting from the ground a lot of the time.

I am looking to get a blind before the season opens. A couple that I am looking at are:

Primos Vision
    Primos Vision Blind

Primos Escape Deluxe
    Primos Escape Deluxe Ground Max Blinds

Primos Double Bull Dark Horse (Just looking. I'd never pay $400)
    Double Bull Archery Dark Horse Blind

Ameristep Bone Collector
    Ameristep Bone Collector Hunting Blind

Ameristep Intimidator (I believe this one is more for rifle hunting)
    Ameristep Intimidator Blind

Anyway, please let me know your opinions and experience with these. I have hunted out of my rich cousin's Primos Double Bull Dark Horse and it's truly the nicest thing I've seen as far as ground blinds go, but I'm not paying $400. The rest of them are damn expensive too, but I'm will to pay $150 or so if it is truly worth it.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

I am VERY new to hunting but I just got the primos ground max blind from bass pro. I hunted about 5 times last year in a ladder stand. It was hard for me to sit up in that stand for hours at a time. But I just read the reviews about each one. The cheaper ones had some bad reviews. This one was all good reviews. This blinds also has a 360 degree view.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to tell you I went to my bass pro store and the blind was more $ at the store than online. So I went home and got it from there site.

Post Thanks / Like

i had the ameristep blind and loved it until someone else did to and stole it.Go to this site and check it out,Pro Hoists

Post Thanks / Like

IT put a different site .I see you are from TN.get the tennessee hunting and fishing guide and look at the add in there

Post Thanks / Like

I have never bow hunted from a ground blind, but a good friend of mine does sometimes.. I don't remember which blind he has, but it has shoot through screens on it. You are supposed to be able to shoot through the screens without phasing the arrow flight. Here is a link to a discusion about the shoot through windows.
    http://www.indianasportsman.com/foru...ead.php?t=3157
    I still think the mirror ones are cool.
    http://www.texashuntfish.com/app/for...7C93149BD1F5D0
    Last edited by jlaughlin72; 09-11-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Predator den I think its called from Primos at Cabelas. Great blind for the price.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I used an Ameristep Doghouse blind for a few seasons...it had a rounded ceiling...I finally gave it to my nephew for gun hunting....

I found it very difficult to draw my bow without the top cam hitting the ceiling...

If I were to buy another for bowhunting, I would look at blinds that had a more square ceiling to allow more head room for the top cam of my bow....
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks a lot guys. Gave me some really good things to think about. I'm glad I'm not gonna have to spent the $400 to get a good one.

I'm prolly gonna get one next weekend to give it time to air out and lose it's scent. I'll let you know what I get and what I kill with it :D.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

ive been hunting out of a ameristep doghouse for 2 years now and love the thing.but its not tall enough to draw my bow back in.it is good for gun season.i put a fold up camping chair inside and kick back and wait.ive killed 2 deer out of mine and have had several in shooting range.if u put it in the correct spot they dont even see it.good luck hope u hammer them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast