Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeper to Catch Ratio

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Keeper to Catch Ratio

I Have been keeping track of this for the last seven days out of curiousity.Fishing an average of 3 hrs. a day I"ve caught 165 Crappie.Of these 63 were keepers.Thats around a 38% average, a little better then a third.This was jig fishing one pole over various stucture, Horizonal and vertical. Not a ratio thats super but pretty decent.[keeper size here is 10"].Just wondered if anyone else keeps track??Gonna be lots of Crappie in the future!!Heck I"ve even caught some small blacknose 4-5" long.Them little guys think they weigh a pound!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Those are still good stats, thats ..rounded off..24 fish per day, 8 fish per hour, When are we going?

Post Thanks / Like

Dennis, I remember one week back a few years ago when I went fishing and caught a little over 300 for three or four days and then a guy I met on here from Kentucky came and fished with me one day and we caught 500. I dont remember out of the 300 days how many were keepers. I think less than 15, but I know on the day we caught the 500 we only had 31 keepers with a nine inch limit. Those are not good keeper ratios. Many times I have went and caught a little over a hundred and not had even one keeper. Some days I go and catch alot of keepers. What I think happens is that the schools split up smaller every year on their own and also with people catching some of them. I have never caught that many keepers in a day thats for sure. I wish those big schools would remain together throughout their life Now that would be fun to catch that many keepers at one time. I dont keep them most of the time anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dennis, I have noticed the same thing this year. I brought 44 to the house yesterday and must have caught over 70. At one point I think I caught 15 that I threw back without putting anything in the kitty. Didn't seem to matter which top I was on either. Just part of the game this time of year.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Lol ....

well Dennis ....... my "ratio" is usually better than that !! Problem is - my total "numbers" usually don't come that high :D !!! I can fish a 6hr day and catch a few ... most of which are usually keepers, but I haven't had one of those high numbers days, in a while!! :rolleyes: . Hopefully, with a little luck and some help from the "friendly locals", I can up my numbers and keeper ratios next weekend. I'm heading to Watts Bar for a couple of days of R&R/Crappie fishing. No tourney pressure to contend with, this time. ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Dennis - my wife and I went out yesterday and caught 13 fish and ten of them ran 10 inches to 12.25 inches. That is the best ratio that we have had all year. Ten inches is the minimum keeper here also. It seems that are largest crappie come in the fall and right after ice out.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox
    Those are still good stats, thats ..rounded off..24 fish per day, 8 fish per hour, When are we going?
    I fish about everyday,enjoy just getting out!If ya ever get this way let me know-We"ll TRY toget em!!

Post Thanks / Like

:D
    Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    Dennis, I remember one week back a few years ago when I went fishing and caught a little over 300 for three or four days and then a guy I met on here from Kentucky came and fished with me one day and we caught 500. I dont remember out of the 300 days how many were keepers. I think less than 15, but I know on the day we caught the 500 we only had 31 keepers with a nine inch limit. Those are not good keeper ratios. Many times I have went and caught a little over a hundred and not had even one keeper. Some days I go and catch alot of keepers. What I think happens is that the schools split up smaller every year on their own and also with people catching some of them. I have never caught that many keepers in a day thats for sure. I wish those big schools would remain together throughout their life Now that would be fun to catch that many keepers at one time. I dont keep them most of the time anyway.
    Never caught close to that in 1 day-LOL it would wear me out but be fun!!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Hey Dennis, I have noticed the same thing this year. I brought 44 to the house yesterday and must have caught over 70. At one point I think I caught 15 that I threw back without putting anything in the kitty. Didn't seem to matter which top I was on either. Just part of the game this time of year.
    Tommy,Seems to be a pattern this year!!Like You it doesnt seem to matter which side of the wood I fish!!Heck-I"ve Threw back 25-30 at times!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast