Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappiefarmer-Trolling motor info

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappiefarmer-Trolling motor info

Fisherman's Friend is a MinnKota Supercenter in NC that can give yoy any info you need. They can do anything including cutting shafts and I am pretty sure he designed the hand held control for the MK PD & AP. He made one for me way before MK came out with theirs. Give him a call and let me know what you find out.

Fisherman's Friend
    1401 S. Ridge Ave.
    Kannapolis, NC 28083
    704-934-2122

CF, don't you live in NC????
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don G,

Thanks for the help. I have ordered the long shaft motor and if it is too long will probably carry it to Dashiell's in Suffolk Virginy to get it shortened. I do live in N.C. up in the N.W. corner of the Albemarle sound in the N.E. part of the state. Suffolk is a bit closer to me. I don't know if shortening the shaft will void the warranty or not. If it does, I will just have to wait until it goes out before I shorten it. I'll just have to be carefull and it might look a little funky. Again, thanks for the help. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

slab_seeker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer
    Hey Don G,

Thanks for the help. I have ordered the long shaft motor and if it is too long will probably carry it to Dashiell's in Suffolk Virginy to get it shortened. I do live in N.C. up in the N.W. corner of the Albemarle sound in the N.E. part of the state. Suffolk is a bit closer to me. I don't know if shortening the shaft will void the warranty or not. If it does, I will just have to wait until it goes out before I shorten it. I'll just have to be carefull and it might look a little funky. Again, thanks for the help. CF
    Crappiefarmer, There should be a collar on the shaft for depth adjustment. I'd just set it for the depth I need . If it sticks up a little you will be able to sight your course better. If you shorten the shaft and get in rough water you may not have enough shaft to keep the foot in the water. Just a suggestion, good luck with the peanuts the trollling motor and the crappies.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Slab Seeker,

I run the motor down under the water just enough that it doesn't throw any prop wash. The head of the motor sticks up about a foot or so above where I set the lock collar. The problem is that the new one has a shaft that is about a foot longer than my old one so when it is in the stowed position it may stick out over the side of the boat. The main problem I see with that is it will get in the way tieing the boat up at the dock with the head banging into the pier. That and it will look down right ugly. It may work out fine but I have a feeling that there will be a problem. Thanks for the help. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

slab_seeker Guest

I don't want anything sticking out past the gunnel, cause I'll knock it off.