Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Son Update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Son Update

Well he went back to BAMC to rehab again and was doing pretty well until a tear opened again on his stump. It seems that in one spot his skin stuck to his bone and has no give so he tears it and now it looks like they will take the 3rd cut in a couple of months if it's not better. Really don't think there is a way for that to improve and they want to get back to better tissue. Part of the problem I think is his skin is so thin where he was burned.

He has been working his tail off though as far as getting in shape. They take bike rides (kind you peddle with your arms) of like 55 miles and of course in San Antonio it has been a brutal summer with almost 60 days of 100 or higher temps(when I was there about a month or more back it had hit 53 days in a row).

Other than that things are good for him and family. Had my grandson for a couple weeks again this summer and we had a great time.

He is going to go to Colorado this month for an Elk hunt so things are still great the way people treat our wounded warriors is absolutely wonderful. Oh and he did get another promotion a while back to E7.

I was hoping the next update would be saying it's finally over and he is done with rehab and all, but not quite yet.

father of 4 does great work making out military guys canes for the ones that need them. I salute him for sure and think he is working on another one now for a soldier at BAMC. You sir are a good man!

Anyway thanks to all our friends here at crappie.com,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Still sending prayers up for you all Skip!

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent to your Son Skip. Thanks for the Compliment. I also have started a Non Profit Organization called Hunting with Soldiers where I take Soldiers and Disabled Vets hunting for free as well as I have bought a house where I will be putting them up for free. I am ran strictly on donations. I would be HONORED to take your Son on a deer or hog hunt Skip. You just let me know and we will get him scheduled when hes ready. NO CHARGE except his food and gas to get here.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Oh by the way Skip, you can come on up with him if you want and hunt to my Friend. Nothing like the pain a Father goes thru when his Children hurt. If he has a kiddo that he wants to bring, come on with them too
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

you guys are great people. i will pray for your son. may GOD bless ya all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Skip

for the update. Our gratitude and prayers are with him and for his recovery. Keep us informed.

Post Thanks / Like

Words can't begin to express my thanks to your son and your family. My prayers go out to your son and to your family. God Bless.

Post Thanks / Like

Skip,

Tell your boy he's got lot's of folks pulling for him.

Fatman

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the update. You and your son are still in my prayers.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

skip you're family is in my prayers.f04 thanks for what you are doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast