Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: long weekends...where to go

Post Thanks / Like

Default long weekends...where to go

hello all, hope every one is well. I have a few vacation days left to use by the end of the year, i am shooting for some fall crappie fishing some place good and new, maybe a few hours driving distance from cincinnati. kentucky or indiana are fair game, i have my indiana lic all ready so that would be more idea than kentucky, but im willing either way. would like a place that i could maybe rent a small cabin in a camp ground or even camp. maybe like a friday, saturday, sunday trip. any ideas? hope every one has a great week, God bless (yea even you Justin, Mike & Keith even though you guys think its funny, God bless you guys also )

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

if it was me i would be going to Monroe if you are looking for trophy fish..you will catch plenty of tater chips but when you hit the right area..BOOM a 2 pound plus lake..out front of Cutright ramp are a lot of planted spots and saddle and ramp creek can be great.depending on the water temp the river is your best bet..good luck..

Post Thanks / Like

Brookville lake has a great fall bite. Little water traffic, good fish, minimal duck hunters(no public blinds), and i believe you can get a cabin at the near by whitewater state park.
    Might not catch 2lb monroe quality fish(although they are in brookville), but you can wear your arm out on 10" hefty whites. Larry might even mark you a few spots for a small fee of a couple cold ones...i'll do it for half of what he's askin:D

HB

Post Thanks / Like

JGJ, when are you planning to go? Have you fished Paint or the Rock? I like Paint, close to home for you and cabins everywhere. But they will be bringing it down to pool in oct.
    BY the way, E.F. SUCKS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brookville

I was waiting on a buddy over in Camden at the gas station. There were 2 boats that were heading to Brookville Lake. I overheard that one had been a few days earlier and the crappie were on fire. Not sure where or what depth or anything about the state park/lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Y-SLABS View Post
    JGJ, when are you planning to go? Have you fished Paint or the Rock? I like Paint, close to home for you and cabins everywhere. But they will be bringing it down to pool in oct.
    BY the way, E.F. SUCKS

no real time frame set yet, really just when a good fall pattern starts. i have fished paint creek, but havent been to rockyfork, i liked paint alot, i havent fished it fall or spring yet, but we did ok in the summer months there this year. i have spent time at E.F., paint, cowan,action, and tanners creek this year. HA HA do i know you? reason i ask is my son and I kinda joke like that saying the same thing you said, eastfork sucks. some days we can get on em good there and others we cant buy a crappie, its been a real hard lake for us to figure out. one day on the way home out of the blue my son just says dad....eastfork sucks .....honestly i think its more my crappie catching ability and not so much the lake. but either way funny you say that. is there a problem at paint when they drop it to winter pool? hope you have a great week and thanks for input. God bless.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

James... in Ind.

#1...Lake Monroe
    #2...Patoka Lake
    #3...Brookville Lake
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

its not on fire, but if you know where to look, you can do well at brookville right now. Out of the last 3 days ive been out, smallest crappie ive caught was 10", biggest was pushing 14". Blacks and whites, but in very different areas. Very thick healthy fish.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly910 View Post
    its not on fire, but if you know where to look, you can do well at brookville right now. Out of the last 3 days ive been out, smallest crappie ive caught was 10", biggest was pushing 14". Blacks and whites, but in very different areas. Very thick healthy fish.

HB
    Hillbilly........Would you be a little more specific....like what ramp are you putting in at , where you are fishing at , what your boat looks like:D:D:D
    I'm either going to Brookville or Prairie Creek Wed. Never fished Prairie Cr. before .But on the other hand , never done much good at Brookville... Need all the help I can get . Thanks.....Norm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Y-SLABS View Post
    BY the way, E.F. SUCKS
    Hey YSlab, you got one thing right. EF does suk a little this summer, even for those of us who fish it a lot. A few guys have it figured out ok, namely starvin fisherman and the milkman, but most of us have had a lot of trouble nailing the pattern down. It's usually better, but if I was looking for a place to go for a long weekend, it wouldn't be here. Not now anyway. I'd go to Monroe or Patoka. I've never been to Monroe, but a lot of guys have good things to say about it. I've been to Patoka a few times. it can be tough, but there are plenty of good fish in there if you can find 'em. Beautiful lake! If you go to either lake, Monroe or Patoka, try Ken Kinser or crappieking1 on the Indiana site. They fish them a lot. OR you can always go south to Kentucky/Barkley Lakes. They have plenty of cabins where lodging on the two in Indiana are limited.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast