Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did the site go down?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Did the site go down?

if ever the webmaster/host is unable to maintain this site please let me know. I'd be happy to take it over. I love the site and dont' want it to go away. Had me worried for a bit..
    Jer
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think Ed is ready to hand this site over, but that is just my opinion.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean it that way either.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was my computer this morning acting up. It happens though.

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope he's got a backup of the site and database. I have had forums in the past and found that you can't rely on the host provider for backups/recoveries in a FAST manner. Typically their recovery times are measured in DAYS rather than Hours. I had one outage in 5 years due to a hack and was back up in a few hours with a patched version (only because the vendor had issued the update earlier in the week and I was waiting til the weekened to patch the site).

Post Thanks / Like

Pomoxis, I think Ed has everything under control, you know he has a real job, not just babying an internet site. Have some respect for the man who brings this all to us.
    Last edited by Shellback; 09-09-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think most of us have real jobs. Some of us just happen to work in technology.

It's like anything else. If you know what to do, take the right precautions, prepare in advance for an event, then recovery is faster and less painful than it otherwise would be.

I understand this is just a little hobby fishing site but it took alot more work to put it together than you might think.

*shrug*

I'm just trying to help with my experience since I ask you folks for help on fishing.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like you're kinda lost without this site. :D 200 posts in one month. Nothing else to do, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

mobile phone with unlimited internet

Plus I type over 70wpm and read very quickly.
    Jer

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pomoxis View Post
    mobile phone with unlimited internet

Plus I type over 70wpm and read very quickly.
    Jer
    YEP.... i'm right. NOTHING ELSE TO DO....:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast