Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Low Lake Levals

Post Thanks / Like

Default Low Lake Levals

Anyone else out there having troubles with low lake levels? This has been one of the worst years I can remember with lake levels. The only good thing is it has exposed all sorts of new brush that I did not know exsisted on the flip side a lot of mine is also exposed!
    I've had to switch thigs up and consentrate on fishing standing timber and sink some more pvc atractors in the correct depth. It has been a big hassle and we need the rain! I thought we'd have some by now. You guy's over east or up north need to quit hoggin up all the rain!
    GO CARDINALS!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Shelbyville is 2 foot below normal pool and the green gunk is solid on the ramps below the water level. I busted myself up trying to go out a week ago last Friday. was soaking wet the entire morning.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Most lakes are drawn down during the winter for the coming spring rains. The lake we fish, will draw down 5 to 6 feet. Makes it tough getting in and out of the few ramps that you can put in at.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Crappie Guide
    Anyone else out there having troubles with low lake levels? This has been one of the worst years I can remember with lake levels. The only good thing is it has exposed all sorts of new brush that I did not know exsisted on the flip side a lot of mine is also exposed!
    I've had to switch thigs up and consentrate on fishing standing timber and sink some more pvc atractors in the correct depth. It has been a big hassle and we need the rain! I thought we'd have some by now. You guy's over east or up north need to quit hoggin up all the rain!
    GO CARDINALS!

JT,

GO CARDINALS IS RIGHT MY FRIEND!!! Central Illinois is horrible too with low H2O levels... I too have seen some things in many farm ponds that I didnt know existed. I guess we will just have to adjust and get the job done next spring...

Good Luck

Bo
    I REFUSE TO CATCH MY FISH AT KROGERS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Crappie Guide
    GO CARDINALS!
    Bull Shoals was 6½ low last weekend. Fishing is tough the say. This lake always has went up & down a lot. Been more stable after they added Table Rock and Beaver.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

J.T.-Here on the Hollow its the lowest its been in years.Here on the Wolf River end its really bad.Down a good 15 ft. from spring level.The ramp here at camp is just about out of the water.Dont quite understand the C.O.E."s drastic drawdown this year. Like you said it does have some advantages,Finding all kinds of new structure.Less water for the fish to hide in!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Beaver is 10 to 11 feet low. Almost every ramp is affected! A lot of lower units are getting toar up! That is a good point Dennis, there is less water for the fish to hide! Now if the blasted east wind would go away I'd be in good shape!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

As you stated, the low lake levels offer a good opportunity to observe/record locations of cover/topography that are normally hidden from view...a couple of years ago when Douglas Lake here in eastern TN was drawn down, I drove around the entire lake, videotaping structure on the bottom...even was able to walk out into the middle of the Flat Creek area and get closeups of channel boundaries/sloughs...the info payed off in spades the next spring, when I knew right where to "go get 'em"....so, don't despair about winter drawdowns...fish the channels and make yourself smarter about the lake bottom! Good luck to ya!!

Bushrod