Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our soon to be stump field

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our soon to be stump field

Hey guys check out the pictures below. I am going to put all these out in one area. Trying to make my own stump field. The lake I fish doesn't have much structure. My fishing partner, Roybouy, gets the buckets, my friend has a plumbing business, and I have to buy the concrete and put it all together. I am going to put out some more bamboo condos as well, but the idea of a stump field was suggested by a member of this board and I am giving it a try. I may stick a small piece of bamboo in a few of the pvc pieces. That is how I put my bamboo condos out now. I put sever pvc pieces in a 5 gallon bucket. When I get to the lake, I slide the bamboo into the pvc and shoot some screw through it. I am also going to try Jerry's new way with the center blocks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LET IT RIP!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default they work good

I have made some like this. They work good, but they too heavy for an old turd like me to handle (maybe too much crete). haha... I see people going to the lake all the time up here with trailor loads of them. I am sure Richard has too. Some bastar...uh...bassers are using them. My nephew is . I need to check his DNA. The best part is, they cheap....

Your pal,

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jfraley
    Hey guys check out the pictures below. I am going to put all these out in one area. Trying to make my own stump field. The lake I fish doesn't have much structure. My fishing partner, Roybouy, gets the buckets, my friend has a plumbing business, and I have to buy the concrete and put it all together. I am going to put out some more bamboo condos as well, but the idea of a stump field was suggested by a member of this board and I am giving it a try. I may stick a small piece of bamboo in a few of the pvc pieces. That is how I put my bamboo condos out now. I put sever pvc pieces in a 5 gallon bucket. When I get to the lake, I slide the bamboo into the pvc and shoot some screw through it. I am also going to try Jerry's new way with the center blocks.
    Look's good to me!! I'm thinking about doing some stump fields like Richard makes with buckets of gravel. Yesterday and today we caught a few crappie on some bamboo/block condos we dropped just last Thursday. I love that stuff!!!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bunch, but my back will slow me in putting them out. but will get a few ever trip out.
    Looks like you have have the cover and the fish soon.
    Pete

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I like richards buckets too...

[QUOTE=Jerry Blake]Look's good to me!! I'm thinking about doing some stump fields like Richard makes with buckets of gravel. Yesterday and today we caught a few crappie on some bamboo/block condos we dropped just last Thursday. I love that stuff!!![/QUOTE

I saw how Richard did these buckets. Now that I know where to get the gravel, all I need is some buckets and a crew to fill the buckets with gravel and put them out. lol...It is hard work...Just goes to show ya that u never too old to learn something and there ain't no such thing as an EXPERT.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Did I miss something ....what are the gravel buckets that Richard is making???? Are they jsut buckets with gravel in them?
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to Ranger, are they put out when the lake is down? Seems like the bucket would tip and spill out the gravel if you just dropped it overboard. I need to get off my lazy butt and make me some condos like you guys have done

Post Thanks / Like

I put out a lot of just plain 5 gallon buckets. Put just one scoop of gravel in them, take them to your spot, hang them over the side and let them fill up with water, and let them go. They will sink straight to the bottom. I usually put 10 to 15 in a clump about every 100 yards. When the algie growns on them, the fish can't tell the difference between the bucket or a stump. Now if there is any current, you will need to put more gravel in them. But unless there is current, they will not move. The key is putting them out while the water is still warm so the algie can grow on them. If you wait until winter to put them out, they probably won't be holding fish come spring time. The same goes for the J&J Habitat trees. Put them out while the water is still warm. I took Bad Brad and his son fishing last spring, (big guy! would not want him mad at me lol) and we caught a big mess of fish off the buckets. Crappie Hunter and I are going to put out around 200 buckets this Wednesday. I will take some pictures and post them.
    Last edited by 1weezer; 10-09-2005 at 09:59 PM.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Weezer I will try my best to get him in fish here Tuesday. And have him tired. That way he will be better help putting out the buckets.

What do you look for when putting out the buckets like that? A flat near creek channel? A deep hole along a channel and a flat?
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    I put out a lot of just plain 5 gallon buckets. Put just one scoop of gravel in them, take them to your spot, hang them over the side and let them fill up with water, and let them go. They will sink straight to the bottom. I usually put 10 to 15 in a clump about every 100 yards. When the algie growns on them, the fish can't tell the difference between the bucket or a stump. Now if there is any current, you will need to put more gravel in them. But unless there is current, they will not move. The key is putting them out while the water is still warm so the algie can grow on them. If you wait until winter to put them out, they probably won't be holding fish come spring time. The same goes for the J&J Habitat trees. Put them out while the water is still warm. I took Bad Brad and his son fishing last spring, (big guy! would not want him mad at me lol) and we caught a big mess of fish off the buckets. Crappie Hunter and I are going to put out around 200 buckets this Wednesday. I will take some pictures and post them.

Post Thanks / Like

At what water temp does the algae stop growing I have several stake beds to put out but will have to wait until the traffic slows down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast