Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't remember the name

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't remember the name

Hi all. I'm new here and this is my first post.
    I was kayak fishing this evening and when I went to leave a fellow who'd been fishing somewhat close by to me and I started a conversation. "How'd you do?" he asked. "Nuthin'" I told him... "You?"... yeah, about 22 crappie."
    I asked him what he was using... here is why I'm posting...
    He showed me a spoon that he uses to ice-fish that is small, and glow-painted on one side. He said it came with black hooks (3-treble) but he switched to red.
    Said the name was...was... and I forgot.
    Started with or sounded like Forge Fryer or something like that. Cool little spoons, too. He was fishing them about 9 feet and cranking them out of the lake for about 2 hours.
    Can anyone help with my poor memory and point me toward that manufacturer? (unless that's not allowed)... looking to learn more about crappie fishing because I mostly fish from my kayak and I want to catch more feesh.

Thanks for any information. I have to set aside time to read past posts and sticky's to catch up.

The fellow mentioned that he usually uses these glow-sided spoons/jigs for ice-fishing and found he'd had luck with them this evening.

I enjoy learning on forums. Usually friendly folks willing to share knowledge and experience.

Looking forward to learning more.

String

Post Thanks / Like

Did they sort of look like this? The hook is a #6 sickle. Spoon is painted on one side and hammered on the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by StringDriver View Post
    Hi all. I'm new here and this is my first post.
    I was kayak fishing this evening and when I went to leave a fellow who'd been fishing somewhat close by to me and I started a conversation. "How'd you do?" he asked. "Nuthin'" I told him... "You?"... yeah, about 22 crappie."
    I asked him what he was using... here is why I'm posting...
    He showed me a spoon that he uses to ice-fish that is small, and glow-painted on one side. He said it came with black hooks (3-treble) but he switched to red.
    Said the name was...was... and I forgot.
    Started with or sounded like Forge Fryer or something like that. Cool little spoons, too. He was fishing them about 9 feet and cranking them out of the lake for about 2 hours.
    Can anyone help with my poor memory and point me toward that manufacturer? (unless that's not allowed)... looking to learn more about crappie fishing because I mostly fish from my kayak and I want to catch more feesh.

Thanks for any information. I have to set aside time to read past posts and sticky's to catch up.

The fellow mentioned that he usually uses these glow-sided spoons/jigs for ice-fishing and found he'd had luck with them this evening.

I enjoy learning on forums. Usually friendly folks willing to share knowledge and experience.

Looking forward to learning more.

String
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to CDC from SC
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it was the glow stuff on it as I have a guide on my pro staff that has been using my glow jigs and he said that is what he had been catching fish on lately.

Can't help with the name of the spoons though. I have a bunch of small spoons and just wish I could remember when I get out to try them more, but not yet and have had them about 2 ears, LOL! Silly huh?

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from S.C.
    Live and Learn."Life's short fish Hard"

Post Thanks / Like

StingDriver, Northland makes some small jigging spoons, the buckshot & Forage minnow are my favs for hardwater. maybe his too. Check out their site, www.northlandtackle.com .
    Last edited by bttmline; 09-09-2009 at 04:54 PM.
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Oklahoma. The only time that I use a spoon crappie fishing is for the bowl of cereal I eat right before heading out to get minnows!
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the boards StringDriver.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast