Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man of the year=Proud son

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Man of the year=Proud son

For those of you who know my dad or have spent any time in the Farrington park in Windsor. My parents are the caretakers their. Nice little lake their if you have not been before. During the SeptemberFest held this weekend in Windsor they announced that my dad was the Windsor man of the year. It took a little scheme to get him up there as he is not into carnivals or big crowds. Anyway they got him there with out him knowing why he was there. So if you happen through the park you will likely see him out and about doing something holler at him and tell him congrats. Here is what they read before finally getting him on stage for his award.

LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNITY INVOVLEMENT:
    He has a clear understanding of duties and responsibilities and strives to maintain a high level of detail in every project by taking great pride in his job from sunup to sundown. He is willing to tackle most anything, even eating homemade cookies.

INFLUENCE:
    He works more hours than any job would ask and does so with a smile. He mentors and works with those who have to do community service hours. Everyone he comes in contact with becomes a friend.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
    Strong managment skills; ability to identify and resolve problems; dependable; humble; considerateof others, environment and property; flexible; takes inititiative; loyal; responsible; and sincire.

NO SMALL TOWN OFFERS MORE:
    Having a small town, Farrington Park is one of the fetures of Windsor and he demonstrates an exceptional commitment in keeping it looking great and ready for use all capacities year round, and communicating the needs of those utilizing the park to promote further use and more visitors.

He truley is a great asset for Windsor. I would even give him yard of the year. With that said we have chosen Bill Fosnow as man of the year and hope you do to.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good man. Congrats.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats awesome Jared! You forgot to add that he is apparently a great role model also judging by the way you turned out.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to your dad J-15. You should be very proud.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Job he does

And never fails to give me a big wave or talk with me when I am out there dumping some old crappie carassas in the lake....... They couldn't have picked anyone more deserveing than your Dad... congratulations on the award...... :D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Tell Bill congrats from all of us Jared. He certainly sounds like a great man. Cherish him Jared. I sure wish I still had my dad around.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

hoo rah for your dad, someone to be proud of for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to your father!

Post Thanks / Like

A great tribute to a wonderful man. Congrats.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a Man from the Greatest Generation!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast