Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Ed, Were Back to Talking About Crappie Fishing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Ed, Were Back to Talking About Crappie Fishing!!

Ed, it was good to hear from you! Again, I'm sorry things got out of hand the last few days here on Crappie.com and I apologize to you and fellow members for being involved.

Thanks for taking care of the situation and changing my password so I don't have to start all over with a new log in.

Here's the picture of the 16.5-inch crappie I mentioned an eleven-year-old boy caught on my boat yesterday.

And the 17.5-inch crappie from from last Tuesday.

Now doesn't that make you want to take a break from selling cars and slip down here to yank up a few slabs!?! Remember you've got a free fishing trip anytime you want it.
    Last edited by Jerry Blake; 10-09-2005 at 03:14 AM.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent pics Jerry. Those are some real nice fish. And yes, I do need a break, but it doesn't look like it'll be this year! And yes, it's good to have everyone back on topic again. That's exactly what this site is about, sharing fishing pics and enjoying each others fishing related conversations.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish Jerry!
    I wish the action would heat up here. Last week was good but this weekend the east wind won't stop blowing and making fishing very tough! Our lake is down to a near record low also makin fishing tough. All of our fish attractors are either on dry land our just under the surface. WE NEED RAIN!
    I'm glad to see you've been doing well!
    My wife and I keep saying we want to visit Hot springs sometime. If I do I'll look you up! I expect you to do the same if you're in NW Arkansas for any reason!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jason. The bite is off and on here but they're gonna settle down with the stable weather were suppose to have this week. (I hope)

Greeson is real low too so we've been adding bamboo to our deep brushpiles and starting some new ones. We're catching fish just a few days after sinking them so it's really paying off for us.

If you have any bamboo up there it would be a good way to get some quick condos to fish, especially if there aren't many other brushpiles at the depth they need with the lake is so low. The ones we’re making with blocks are a lot easier and faster than the bucket/QuickCrete ones. Darryl, Jim and I can cut and haul the bamboo, build and sink three condos in about an hour and a half I guess.

Darryl lined us up to get some from a patch behind some people's house just a few blocks from the resort where he lives and we're getting some from off the side of the road about a mile from the boat ramp on Greeson so our hauling time is only a few minutes. We've been using our boat trailers to haul it and we can get enough bamboo for three condos in one load.

Come on down when you have the chance. I’d love to yank up a few crappie with you and your wife and share techniques. We’ll just call it a “scouting trip” and I’ll come up there and do a scouting trip with you sometime.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Thanks Jason. The bite is off and on here but they're gonna settle down with the stable weather were suppose to have this week. (I hope)

Greeson is real low too so we've been adding bamboo to our deep brushpiles and starting some new ones. We're catching fish just a few days after sinking them so it's really paying off for us.

If you have any bamboo up there it would be a good way to get some quick condos to fish, especially if there aren't many other brushpiles at the depth they need with the lake is so low. The ones we’re making with blocks are a lot easier and faster than the bucket/QuickCrete ones. Darryl, Jim and I can cut and haul the bamboo, build and sink three condos in about an hour and a half I guess.

Darryl lined us up to get some from a patch behind some people's house just a few blocks from the resort where he lives and we're getting some from off the side of the road about a mile from the boat ramp on Greeson so our hauling time is only a few minutes. We've been using our boat trailers to haul it and we can get enough bamboo for three condos in one load.

Come on down when you have the chance. I’d love to yank up a few crappie with you and your wife and share techniques. We’ll just call it a “scouting trip” and I’ll come up there and do a scouting trip with you sometime.
    Unfortunatly we do not have any bamboo up this way, just hardwoods and plastic...ha ha
    Next trip my wife and I take may not be until next may but rather than going to Branson or Eureka I do believe we will visit your area! I'm looking forward to it!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper