Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling motor troubles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling motor troubles

It seems that shaft lengths have gotten longer on the new motors. The one I'm interested in has a 54" shaft. The one on my boat has a 42" shaft and when is in stowed position sits flush to the side of the boat. My old motor is a 24V set up and I want to keep it that way. I called minn kota about the bolt pattern and the lady there said it would match my old pattern and she also said that the new motor's stow rest(for lack of a better word) was a bit longer but I dont know which direction it was lengthened. I am afraid that the new motor will stick out beyond the side of the boat by about a foot or so. This is the shortest shaft minn kota makes that is 24V and has autopilot. I would appreciate any suggestions any guys would have to remedy this problem. Thanks. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

buckwheat Guest

I live in S. GA. There is a M.K. service center here. I have seen him shorten shaft several times. All you have to be careful of is not cutting your wires and lining your top holes up in line. Hope this will help you.......GOOD LUCK.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Buckwheat. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion